Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok, I am willing to let you all laugh your fool heads off at me, but how can I tell if the 82 Wing I just picked up is a Standard, Interstate or Aspencade?

I added the only picture I currently have in hopes that maybe it will help, Bike is currently at the dealership getting a full overhaul before the weather turns warm enough to drive... Thanks in Advance
Sak.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
542 Posts
imported post

by the looks of the pin striping on the tank shelter , it's a standard with a vetter package color matched
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,734 Posts
imported post

from what i see---its a standared dressed out with after market vetter fairing an bags and back box . all so jardine exhaust .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,848 Posts
imported post

Gets my vote
 

·
Still a winger at heart.
Joined
·
20,868 Posts
imported post

wingd wrote:
by the looks of the pin striping on the tank shelter , it's a standard with a vetter package color matched
what he said is correct...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks Gang, All things considered I am fairly excited about the prospects of driving this all summer long, a few paint touchups, and she will be 100%.

Sak
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,144 Posts
imported post

Looks like a nice Standard you got there. Some people really love the Vetter luggage too. Enjoy your bike! ;)

Jen:waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,614 Posts
imported post

Personally, I think it looks like a great ride whatever it is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,183 Posts
imported post

Leave it the way it is... It's a Standard of course.

Any chance of getting better pics of it someday?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,185 Posts
imported post

Like others have said, it's a nice looking standard. Is it your first wing? Those aftermarket mufflers are louder than the stock ones. If you want a quiet ride, you may need to replace them.

John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
683 Posts
imported post

Isn't the Honda emblem on the tank the clue that it's a standard? That's what I've been told anyway.

Jeff
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
535 Posts
imported post

Sakryn wrote:
Thanks Gang, All things considered I am fairly excited about the prospects of driving this all summer long, a few paint touchups, and she will be 100%.

Sak
yea man...itll be sorted!!!!!..........lol......rick:D:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
420 Posts
imported post

Sakyrn, just look under the triple tree on the frame neck. there will be a number stamped on the side of it if it says GL 1100-Standard
GL 1100A-Aspencade
GL 1100I-Interstate
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
759 Posts
imported post

84GrayWing wrote:
Isn't the Honda emblem on the tank the clue that it's a standard? That's what I've been told anyway.

Jeff
I have na 83A with the emblems on the tank.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,185 Posts
imported post

winginitrick wrote:
Sakryn wrote:
Thanks Gang, All things considered I am fairly excited about the prospects of driving this all summer long, a few paint touchups, and she will be 100%.

Sak
yea man...itll be sorted!!!!!..........lol......rick:D:D:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:
You sure have picked it up right winginitrick!!!! you have definately got it sorted!!!:clapper:



Lovely bike by the way Sakryn and a big warm welcome to the World of Wings both with that beauty and on here. :waving::waving:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Leave it the way it is... It's a Standard of course.

Any chance of getting better pics of it someday?
Once I get it home from the dealer I am sure there will be lots of pics, I will make sure to post them up... and gang thanks for the warm welcome.

Sak
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Here are a couple of pics ... I couldn't wait and had to bring her home... she rides like a dream
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Pic 2
 

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top