Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Guy's

I will be replacing my old Bridgestone tires on my bike next month and would like your input on which Bridgestone tire would be best suited for my 84 1200.

I was going to buy a set of Dunlop EIIIs but I changed my mind.

Thanks for your help!

Mike :waving:

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

I run Bridgestone BT021s (dual compound) on my Triumph Trophy, but would not run them on the GW. (mileage). The Dunlop E3 is my choice for both 1200s and 1500s.

Looks to me like the most appropriate Bridgestone is the Spitfire.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I prefered Metzelers on my 1200 interstate back in the 90's, they stuck to the road well and weren't noisey.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

I have and 84 1200 with 24,000 mile total OEM bike i need new sneaker also would like feeback. what I found was that Michelin commanders or dunlop elite 3 are a good set for this bike.

:action: thanks dale

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
imported post

Bridgestone recommends the Exedra G703 F, and G702 R.

No complaints on my Metzeler Marathon ME880s.

·
Premium Member
2,137 Posts
imported post

I prefered Metzelers on my 1200 also
ME880 130/90H16 FRONT

ME880 150/90HB15 REAR

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

I have the Bridgestone Exedra G703 front and G702 rear on my 84 Aspencade. No complaints here. Did a 3 day 1000mile run last year in a mixture of dry and very,very wet weather on twisting roads and motorways no problems at all with tyres.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Ok I have the Bridgestone Spitfire R11 tires on my bike now but the sidewalls on the front tire are dry rotted and on the back it looks like it is also in between the tread.

I was thinking of going with the Spitfire S11 series on my bike, I have read and heard some good reviews on this tire.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.