Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1981 Goldwing GL1100. I have ordered two different carb rebuild kits and both have jets that are smaller than the ones in my carbs. How can I tell for sure which carbs are on my bike? (which year, etc...) I have the carbs torn apart and I am scambling to find rebuild kits to get them back together, before I forget where all the parts go!

Thanks

OddWing

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

Your best bet for jets is randakks or mother Honda. after market ones do not work very well. Look for any ident number on a carb & contact one of the 2 sources I have listed!

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Randakk doesn't sell any jets, either single or with his carb kits.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Whats wrong with the old jets. I doubt fuel has eroded them too much if any. I would clean and inspect them and keep them.

Where did you get your rebuild kit from. If from a source like ebay, I would read the manuals carefully for size specifications.

as said earlier shool randall at randakks an email. He can help even if he didt sell you the set.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thank you for all your help! The carb ID is VB48AASK, so at least I know they are 81 carbs. I suspect the kits were for the GL1000.

There does not appear to be anything wrong with the jets, so I will just clean them. It is getting warm early this year, so I am anxious to get the carbs rebuilt and back on the bike!

Thanks again,

OddWing

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

if your jets are clogged. Let them sit in seafoam or carb cleaner. Work at the clog with a soft bristle tooth brush. No matter how tempted you are , do not run a pin in the center to clear the clog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.