Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

We're taking off for an extended bike trip mid Aug and I'm looking for a cargo trailer to haul the wife's makeup.

So far I've narrowed the field down to three mfg's and their respective models... Trailmaster XL1800, Bushtec Quantum and the Cyclemate Zephyr.

I would appreciate any feedback from those who own any of these trailers. Especially if you have encountered any problems with build quality, hitch/frame problems and service concerns.

If you have any recommendations for other mfg's and/or models, I'm open.

I live in B.C. Canada, but it's no problem to scoot down to Washington or Oregon to pickup a trailer. Especially if there's a good dealer there and the price is right.

I own a 2008 w/ABS ( Silver ).

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
imported post

I've pulled a Bushtec in the past, probably around 10,000 miles on it. They are top quality, pull great and I like the heim joint hitch. The Tailwind looks like an interesting design too. I've also never heard a Escapade owner complain. You can find Bushtec's used for around 1500 to 3000 on Craigslist if you are patient.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
imported post

I have a kompact kamp.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Appreciate the info... was out on the wing the last couple of days.

The Kompact looks very cool .. nice graphics & detailing.

I'm leaning to the Bushtec which seems to have it all, the best trailer, wiring, & hitch combo.

Don't know much about the Escapade.

We're quite limited on U.S. trailer dealer/franchises up here in Canada. Guess I'll send of some e-mails on Mon to Aspencade & Bushtec to see if they have dealer networks in Canadian. Worse case I take a run down south and pickup the trailer.

I'll be at Sturgis the first week of Aug. Then the wife & I are heading over to the Oregon/California coast mid Aug till the first week of Sept. Hopefully I'll have a trailer by then ... otherwise the wife will have to leave her makeup behind.

·
Registered
297 Posts
imported post

I have an Aluma MCTXL and a Bushtec V2 trailer hitch, no complaints about either one.

The trailer was $1700 new.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
imported post

This came from Americasbesttrailers......20 cu ft, torsion suspension, carpeted, chrome hitch,wheels, including spare $1100 set in my driveway, I load it with all my camping gear,(wife needs alot LOL) even take my 12' inflatable rig on day trips fishing. Pulls GREAT!!!

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Even though I chose to build my trailer, I did a ton of research, and mulled over a bunch of different trailers, I am certain you just can't go wrong with a Bushtech. Absolutely a fantastic suspention system, built for the biker, and super fit and finish. If I had the money, I'd go with a Bushtech! jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

you can get them from harbor freight
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=66771 for around $600. yes its made in china so you would need to prep the bearings etc, but if you only need for limited use these will work for what you have planned. Also I have a trailer from the old montgomery wards stores that we cut down and put an RV box on and have used it with great success have maybe 10000 miles with it, been to Victoria and back (AZ). Just all depends what you are looking for. Looks, Name, Function?

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Appreciate all the input and photo's. Been busy helping my two sons move into their new apartment today. The wife and I are scheduled to run naked around the house to night .. no more kids ... yahoo !!

I'm leaning towards the bushtec which seems to have an all in compassing package. Once I get my trailer I'll post some photo's

Once again thanks for help.

·
Premium Member
1,846 Posts
imported post

Is that of the trailer or you and the wife?:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
imported post

My suggestion is that what ever size you think will serve your needs ... get one that is even larger.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.