Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Can anyone tell me which front brake disc is controlled with the right hand lever on a 1500? I have a noise which appears to go away with application of the hand brake...............

Cheers!

T.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Please disregard.................didn't get an answer in the customary 30 seconds so got off my behind and rummaged thru my service manual.

Front right...............

Now, off to see if my pads are draggin'

:weightlifter:T.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Right front on the 1500. Check the pads. Have the pins been cleaned and lubed? Piston clean of pits and rust?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

30 seconds!!!!!????? Think this is McD's?????

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It takes 30 seconds for the forum to catch up and post after send now hit.

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

newday777 wrote:
I hate to confess that I was in McD's today.............took a LOT longer than 30 seconds - go figure. And just why does the drive thru get theirs faster than the guy at the counter?

In any case, I also confess that I was pokin' fun, you guys, and should have made the effort to look it up in the first place. And that the "thirty seconds" was a figure of speech - it was actually more like five minutes. :ROFL: Have seen this site give an answer or suggestion in half that time.

Haven't looked yet, but suspect that my front caliper isn't sliding on the bolts freely, which is what was happening on my rear brake in the fall last year. Rear bolts turned out to be corroded and had to be replaced.

Have I stirred it up enough now?

T.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

Well....YUP.......keep diggin'..!!
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Administrator
57,445 Posts
imported post

tnoort wrote:
newday777 wrote:
I hate to confess that I was in McD's today.............took a LOT longer than 30 seconds - go figure. And just why does the drive thru get theirs faster than the guy at the counter?
Ya know, I have come to that same conclusion myself.

Now I always take the driver through, even when it seems to have 5 cars in front of me.

·
Anti-Guru
2,711 Posts
imported post

tnoort wrote:
Can anyone tell me which front brake disc is controlled with the right hand lever on a 1500? I have a noise which appears to go away with application of the hand brake...............

Cheers!

T.
:wtf: Just spin the wheel, press the brake lever, and see which side of the wheel stops first !!:D

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

satan wrote:
tnoort wrote:

Cheers!

T.
:wtf: Just spin the wheel, press the brake lever, and see which side of the wheel stops first !!:D
LMFAO!!! Thanks Satan. I needed that. :claps::claps:

BTW- Which side shoulkd stop first? I'm gonna go check mine now!!

·
Premium Member
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

satan wrote:
Just when I thought I had it figured out some wag (obviously a term of endearment!) has to introduce a new element to consider........................:cool:

Will it matter if I'm spinning the wheel backward?

T.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
imported post

Hello from the Orkney Isles!

As the others say, Right Front on 1500. On any linked system with flexible hoses it's easy to find out without trying to see which side stops first (there's hardly any difference anyway :cool:) If you grab the long flexy down to the caliper and put a small curve in it with your fingers and then squeeze the lever, you will feel the hydraulic pressure try to straighten the curve. On the wrong side flexy, you will feel nothing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.