Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Which wing do you ride? Old Poll 2007-Present

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 299 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site seems to have a lot of older Gold Wing models and there is nothing wrong with that. But, I curious as to how many members ride (own) the 1800? I'm guessing around 40%

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
imported post

bel25455 wrote:
This site seems to have a lot of older Gold Wing models and there is nothing wrong with that. But, I curious as to how many members ride (own) the 1800? I'm guessing around 40%
Well, Bel125455, i'll start by saying I ride a 2001 GL1800A in Pearl White.

If we can get all of the other 1800 riders to follow suit you can come back in a few weeks and check the total count of messages, then subtract out all of the distractor message and you'll have your answer.

In the mean time, I'd say about 18%.

Mike
:grinner:

·
Administrator
57,434 Posts
imported post

bel25455 wrote:
Well, if one were have a bit 'o time to splurge, you could just browse thru the profiles of all the members and count them up.

I don't think I will be doing that though, more fun to go out and ride my 1500 :waving:

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
bel25455 wrote:
Well, if one were have a bit 'o time to splurge, you could just browse thru the profiles of all the members and count them up.

I don't think I will be doing that though, more fun to go out and ride my 1500 :waving:
See, I told you it wouldn't be long before the subtract messages start to appear.

Mike

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

I have a 2003:18red: and Christine has a2003 :18red:trike, both in the Fastest Colour of course.

Before these, we had a:12blue: and :12grey:trike respectively. Never did the :15red:thing though. :cool:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Let me clarify. I'm not knocking older wings, heck if it wasn't for them there would be no 1800. Again, I'm just curious as to how many members ride the 1800?
I guess I could have asked in a "Poll" format that included all the different models. That way no one could become offended.
Trouble is I don't know how to do the "Poll" thing. Perhaps someone else would like to?

·
I am the Hobo
9,690 Posts
imported post

Question was aked and bel25455 didn't know how to add a poll, so here it is. :cool:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I'm lucky enough to have a GL1800, but it doesn't really matter how many of us ride any particular model, as we all try and pull together to help one another out.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

I'll merge the two threads together to avoid confusion, and make it a sticky thread. I've also enabled "multiple choice" for members who have more than one Goldwing.

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

I've ridden two models, a used ($2495) 81' 1100 that took me 160,000 miles, with the only trouble being a snapped clutch cable at about 120,000 (just don't make clutch cables like they used to, huh?), and my current Big Red, a '96 Aspencade that cost me $10,000 and has carried me a trouble-free 68,000 miles. I love both bikes, however, I think I am partial to the 1100. Once I got some springs under it, the thing was lethally quick in the corners, and a joy to ride. If Honda came out with a new 1100 Wing, I'd buy it in a heartbeat........

Nobody needs more than 1000 cc's...... they may want it, but they don't need it!

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
imported post

:Dthe blue 1800:18blue:needing a new front tyre;)

1 - 20 of 299 Posts