Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So here is the question. I am looking to get a set of passenger armrests for the wife on our 1200 Aspencade. On the last 1200 I had we had the swing "out" type, I loved those never had to worry about any damage to the bags with those. Well those are hard to find and cost more then I want to spend for new ones. :sadguy:I see that they have swing "down" models now. I am afraid that they will swing down and come in contact with the saddle bags. Does anyone have these mounted on their 1200? Do you like them? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

I had the hundredish dollar swing down set on my 1100 . Momma didnt like them and it didnt seem possible to tighten the pivot enough for them to remain standing up when I rode solo . Perhaps i had a bad/elcheepo set or perhaps the 1200 version is built different . I cant recall if there was an issue with the saddle bag lids . I have trim bars on my bags which could have protected the paint.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

I wont be much help, as I dont know the brand... But I can offer a pic...

they are locking and solid. Found them on ebay... The swivel outward, to the side, not up and down.

Under the front of each rest, there is a 'paddle/lever' thingy. When you wrap your hand over the front and squeeze upward with the finger tips, a cable releases a lock pin, and allows it to swing outward.

I was tickled with the purchase, I think I paid $110 for the set used.

Attachments

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The one in UBarws picture are the best type in my opinion. The swing downs are second best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.