Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'99 GL1500SE Trike
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 1999 GL1500SE that was converted to a trike in 2001. I would like to figure out which conversion this is so I can more easily buy some new brake shoes and I assume other parts in the future. I have done a once-over and didn't see any manufacturer information. Any ideas where to look? Thanks.

·
Magic Moderator
4,823 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Can you please post pictures so we can ID the trike from the body style.
On the swingarm there is normally a tag from the manufacturer with serial number.
:)

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
On the swingarm there is normally a tag from the manufacturer with serial number.
I had the same problem. Asking around, I found out that I have a version of an early Lehman.
It was proven to me by the fact that the differential is Ford Mustang, and has the older drum brakes.
Also, the driveshaft goes straight back from the engine because they shortened the right rear axle and the third member is close to the right side of the trike 1989 Goldwing.

·
Registered
'99 GL1500SE Trike
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I should have looked closer before asking. I'm embarrassed to say that there is a decal on the trunk from Tri King. So it must be a 2001 Tri King (the bike was converted in 2001). I would be interested in comments, issues, good features, etc about this conversion. My wife and I just took it for our first ride. To put things in perspective, we're in our mid 60's and this was her first ride ever on a motorcycle. She's sold. Looking forward to many more rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts