• windows closed, A/C on

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

which would get better gas mileage

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  rcmatt007 
#1 ·
imported post

Both vehicles are identical in every way, they will be travelling at the same speed on the same road. The only difference will be that it is a hot day to be in the four doortruck, so one vehicle has all the windows open and the A/C is off. The second truck has all the windows up but the A/C is on. They both have 5 gallons of gasoline in their tanks. Who will run out of gas first.

#4 ·
imported post

I didn't see the Myth Buster episode that had that, but I had the A/C go out the Land Yacht (full size conversion van). :crying:

I got better millage with the windows down, but being the candy @$s that I am, :waving:I got the the A/C fixed as soon as possible!!!!!!:jumper:

The mileage went down, but at least I was comfy......:walker:

#5 ·
imported post

I've noticed I get better mileage on my 1500 with the AC off. I do leave the windows open however.

#9 ·
imported post

I would like to personally apologize to all for whom I offended, ie;"WHO CARES" comments, you are right this is a motorcycle site(general discussion) and I am a newbieand this kind of posting was apparentlyinappropriate. I will not defend my motives for posting, but it sort of diminishes the fun out of posting, when one has to read negative comments. I will not bring up snowmachining, canoeing or maybe a problem I am experiencing with my pool pump because this is a motorcycle site, OPPS I did it again I mentioned things that are not motorcycle related, I will apologize again if I offended anybody before Ireceive a "who cares" write up. :waving:

#10 ·
imported post

OH NO!! Off Topic!! This is as bad as that question about the Americans and the Autralians in the plane and you push them all out at the same time, which would hit the ground first..................Oh that wasn't the question? Sorry, I thought it was..... Hmmm I wonder?.............

No but this one is about gas, and riding the Yellow Brick Road, you do learn about Gas. In fact you could say I have passed Gas quite often. Actually was a time when I passed Gas every day right around the same time. I even passed Gason a schedule if you can believe that.....

http://skyways.lib.ks.us/towns/Gas/

#12 ·
imported post

Considering mileage, it's strange but my old 1983 Honda Civic 1300FE got better mileage than my 1500 does. I get a laugh at all the folks around here who think the hybrids are a great deal and they don't get the mileage my old Civic did without all the complication and expensive batteries.

#13 ·
imported post

if i leave all my windows down on my 1500 i get better mileage however if i leave the rear trunk open i get better aerodynamics.Eric

#14 ·
imported post

jj wrote:
I would like to personally apologize to all for whom I offended, ie;"WHO CARES" comments, you are right this is a motorcycle site(general discussion) and I am a newbieand this kind of posting was apparentlyinappropriate. I will not defend my motives for posting, but it sort of diminishes the fun out of posting, when one has to read negative comments. I will not bring up snowmachining, canoeing or maybe a problem I am experiencing with my pool pump because this is a motorcycle site, OPPS I did it again I mentioned things that are not motorcycle related, I will apologize again if I offended anybody before Ireceive a "who cares" write up. :waving:
Your apology is accepted,,but dont let it happen again or we will be forced to send REDWING around to your house on his honda 50 cc ,(with the windows open)to jump on your flower bed ,,oooppps did I just type flower bed ?I will be in trouble now ..what has flower beds got to do with motorcycles?I better sign off now before I get myself in deeper ..:D:D:DCiaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.