Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So, at the beginning of our trip out to NASSIR4 the new sheep skin was pure white, now, 8000 miles later, not so much! Any advice from you folks out there on cleaning this creature feature?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Now you know why I always order the dark brown color.

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Taken from Alaska Leather FAQ's:
Can you clean them?

It can be washed in baby shampoo, cool water, cool rinse, shake vigorously and blot dry, tumble on AIR
- AND REMEMBER, NO HEAT!

It is also recommended to brush the sheepskin with a coarse pet brush after it is dry to help restore the fluffiness

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Speaking of sheepskin, does anyone know of any place where you can get a sheepskin seat cover for an '85 LTD?

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

Go to your local IKEA in Tempe AZ and get one of these:

They are only available in the store but are $30. Easy to cut. You cn just use the front part for the drivers part of the seat or just toss the whole thing over your seat and then the passenger also will benefit....

·
Premium Member
5,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
Taken from Alaska Leather FAQ's:
Can you clean them?
It can be washed in baby shampoo, cool water, cool rinse, shake vigorously and blot dry, tumble on AIR
- AND REMEMBER, NO HEAT!
It is also recommended to brush the sheepskin with a coarse pet brush after it is dry to help restore the fluffiness
THANKS!!!:thumbsup:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Rudy wrote:
I get all my stuff from Alaska Leather. Check with them. If anyone does they do.

http://alaskaleather.com
I am stopping by their store in Anchorage tomorrow afternoonon my way outto Californiaand picking up one of their large deluxe (Natural Dark) buttpads for my trip home. After arriving in Santa Rosa after NASSIR, it was the first time my butt was actually sore from the ride.. Hmmmm maybe stopping at MacDonalds while on the road for lunch is catching up to me. :?

Anyhow, cannot wait to test it out on Wed when I hit the road again. :action:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
imported post

We have a couple of large sheepskin throws that we use on our living room furniture. When we want to clean them, we just throw them in the washing machine and let them air dry. You can also take the mats out with the large tined pet brush, as mentioned earlier.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
imported post

We went to our friend/farmer who raises sheep. He sells the pelts in any color including white. We bought ours from him and it is super comfy. When I wash it, I use Woolite and wash and rinse in cold water only. I have a rack to air dry it on. When it is completely dry (I leave it for several days), I have a sheep card that I use to fluff it back up. Good as new! Good luck!! ;)

Red :waving:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.