Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

White smoke coming from the radiator + High rpm idle

396 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
The biggest problem right now is that there is white smoke coming out from under the front fairing. The smoke isn't very thick and I think it might be coming from the radiator but I'm not certain, its white and it smells like plastic(?) burning. My guess is coolant steam from the radiator. The radiator cap overflows when I take it off and run the engine. Coolant also oozes to the bottom of the radiator and from the top too. No smoke from the exhaust. Finally the radiator fan isn't turning on, but I believe its plugged in correctly. I think I may have put in too much coolant. When I went to refill the coolant, I put coolant into the reservoir before I put it into the system; that said the reservoir hasn't overflowed yet.

Also I've been having a problem with the idle where the bike is idling at 1380rpm warm. It cold starts at 1200rpm and then climbs up. Sometimes the bike will stall when I activate the choke. So far these are the only problems. I'll re-post this into the appropriate topic later, but I just wanted to get this out of the way.

#2 ·
If the radiator is not completely full of coolant, it will never pull any coolant back out of the reservoir.

it is Air Locked.....
remove the cap, and fill the radiator to the top, and burp it to get all the air out of it..

Burp=Squeeze the hoses, run the engine a minute with cap off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.