Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I will cut square by cutter then try to cut under water, then wet sandpaper.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I don't remember where I read this, might have been on the Yahoo GW site, but someone advocated using watch crystals as a replacement for sight glass on hydraulic reseviors on motorcycles. You need to take a pair of calipers to measure the size of the opening of the sight glass and then fit it into place using an adhesive. Now the price may be prohibitive but with glass you shouldn't have the problem of the window softening and discoloring over time. The other part of the problem is locating the crystals. Might want to try e-bay:(

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

Get in contact with your local glass shop, they will have a glass grinder or a Taurus saw and can (1st) cut the glass close, then (2nd) grind it to the size you need. Rodent has both the saw and the ginder so I know they are out there. (She's a glass artist and works in a glass shop.)

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

on the subject of master cylinders and sight glasses. Has anyone had brake fluid leak out of theirs? Mine just started today.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bender wrote:
on the subject of master cylinders and sight glasses. Has anyone had brake fluid leak out of theirs? Mine just started today.
They all leak

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.