Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking for what I believe is called a Fire Creek Ignition Cover panel for my 1500 'Wing.
Well, , , ,you're close, , , getting warmer, , ,

those are unobtanium now, good luck with finding one.

BINGO!!! John wins, , ,IMHO Nostradamus ain't got chit on AZgl1800, He knows everything, :ROFL:

This is the UNOBTAINIUM 2.0 Ignition/gauge panel for all years of the GL1500 produced from the "Firecreek" concept/style. Minor modifications were made for production to increase durability and material.

THESE PANELS ARE GREAT FOR MOUNTING GAUGES AND ACCESSORIES SUCH AS, , VOLTMETERS/AMP, AMBIENT TEMP, OIL TEMP, TPMS, COOLANT TEMP, ADDITIONAL USB PORTS, INDICATOR LIGHTS, GO-PRO POWER, FM MODULATOR SWITCH AND MANY, MANY OTHER GADGETS.

SidebySide_top_ Bottom.jpgUnobtainium2.0 label.jpgFront tabs_latch.jpg

A few lucky members who paid have already been told that "SANTA" has their panel on the way to their doorstep, and they'll will arrive 12/26.

It comes in BLACK only, and there is only a few panels left. More panels will be arriving in January 2019.

Due to unexpected fees and shipping costs/supplies the price of each panel, for members, is $132.00 plus $13.65 (Flat rate medium box USPS) anywhere in lower 48 states.
Unobtainium.jpg

If interested, PM me and I'll let you know if any panels are left.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
The Firecreek panel and gauges are on my `98 1500 S.E. I gave to my dealer, along with a good Compufire alternator, and set of Baker Wind Wings.
gumbyred

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last week I thought I had failed at getting these panels done and sent out in time for Christmas, , I was bummed at not keeping my word. Today, Christmas Eve, I was stoked to learn that all of the panels that have been purchased were delivered already!!! I hope the guys who got this new panel are as pleased as I am.

My only regret with this "project" was that I didn't include a "visor" to cover the gauges from direct sunlight. (Hindsight is 20/20)

One of the members who purchased the Unobtainium 2.0 panel found the perfect solution!!! (Really nice "FIND" ecarmichael)

http://www.dashvisor.com/Gauge-Visor.html

(Scroll to the bottom of the page and enlarge the picture)

Its a simple (single screw to attach to the Unobtainium 2,0 panel) attachment to solve any "glare" issue for about $15+ shipping.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that the dust has settled on getting this project off the ground, I need to thank and acknowledge the help/guidance of AZgl1800 (John).

Many months ago this panel was a topic of discussion to those of us who "wanted" one. John found one at a local auction and bought it. He had no "NEED" for one since he has the 1800, but he knew fellow members were looking for one. He then PM'd a few of us who had voiced interest and said that he would sell to the "first-to-respond" to his PM.

It was Johns, original Firecreek Accessories, panel that was used as the "template" in the molding process. John has been a great resource for me in this endeavor and deserves a great deal of credit from those who will enjoy this panel in the future.
THANKS AZgl1800 (John)!!!

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I have had a few "International" members want this panel.

I WILL ship these panels abroad with the "caveat" that the shipping costs will vary depending on the "Customs" regulations for each country/destination. I will maintain the panel cost at $132.00 USD for members, but International shipping will be more than the $13.65 Domestic fee.

Payment can be made through PayPal.Me/Bluthundr31

INTERNATIONAL MEMBERS PM ME FOR DETAILS.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, , ,move a few decades forward in time Dobie's lackey, , , ,(anyone ever tell you that you look like Gilligan too?)

They made an ENTIRE movie about Unobtanium,:) , , ,called "Avatar", , , decent flick too. It was an extremely valuable element that EVERYBODY wanted, but NOBODY could find , , , ,except on one particular planet.

Lots of riders wanted this panel, but it was almost impossible to find one, , , ,THAT has changed now, , , ,

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'm asking members for their ideas/feedback on whether there would be any interest/advantage to offering a "gauge visor" as an option when purchasing a new Unobtainium 2.0 panel. There would obviously be a small additional charge for the visor but it would be shipped with the panel so there would be no additional shipping costs.

The visor fits seamlessly with the contours of the panel and shade the gauges from the sun and prevent "reflecting" on the windshield at night. Simple to install and the look pretty good, , ,

Installing an Oil Gauge and a Voltmeter seem to be the most popular, ,They looks REALLY good too, , , ,

·
Registered
633 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm asking members for their ideas/feedback on whether there would be any interest/advantage to offering a "gauge visor" as an option when purchasing a new Unobtainium 2.0 panel. There would obviously be a small additional charge for the visor but it would be shipped with the panel so there would be no additional shipping costs.

The visor fits seamlessly with the contours of the panel and shade the gauges from the sun and prevent "reflecting" on the windshield at night. Simple to install and the look pretty good, , ,

Installing an Oil Gauge and a Voltmeter seem to be the most popular, ,They looks REALLY good too, , , ,

Do you have that visor that can be copied?

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've only spoken to Jim, the owner of Airtech Fabricators in Glendale AZ about possibly buying a dozen or so, , , and include them in the purchase of the Unobtainium 2.0 panel for those folks who might want to buy one without paying for the extra shipping/handling. Jim is checking his inventory and materials and I should know more in a few days.

·
Premium Member
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just got off the phone with Jim of Airtech Fabricators about getting some visors. I've pre-paid for a small number of visors and he says they'll be shipped tomorrow (3/15/19). They should arrive early next week.

He offers them at just under $19+ (shipping included), but if the visor is included with the purchase of one of the Unobtainium 2.0 panels, the cost will be $16.50 for the visor.
Anyone who is interested in the visor ALONE, the cost will be the same as Airtech Fabricators charges.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts