Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The "Gauge Visors" that fit this Unobtainium 2.0 panel arrived yesterday, so I have a small number of them that are being offered as an "option" with the purchase of the panel. They will add $16.50 to the cost of a panel and shipping/handling.

If anyone wants JUST the visor, the cost is the same as Jim at Airtech Fabricators charges ($15.00 + $3.95 S/H).

They come in a BLACK cow-hide texture which matches the panels nicely. The visors prevent "reflection" off the windshield for night-riding and will prevent "glare" from the sun for day-riding.

I used double-sided tape for these pictures but it is not the long term solution for the visors. A "tap screw" is included in the purchase which secures the visor to the panel.

Anyone interested in buying/adding this visor ALONE, should PM me, (or Jim at Airtech Fabricators in Glendale AZ). If you want it included when you purchase a new Unobtainium 2.0 panel, just include the $16.50 when you pay through Paypal. (Paypal.Me/Bluthundr31)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Mounted the panel this morning. Looks good installed, but will require painting to match. I've installed a voltmeter/USB combo unit, outdoor temp indicator (for Sonya), and a heated clothing outlet. Have not installed driving lights yet so will be contemplating where to put switches. Have the switch unit(s) that fit on the clutch/brake MCs (giftedt to me).

Picture attached. Voltmeter/USB combo on left (has 2 USB connections), heated clothing in centre, and outdoor temp on right.

Cheers

Update: Out this morning in the dark. Volt and temp reading quite nice, volt blue, temp orange - can't match sometimes. Volt meter reading the same as digital voltmeter. Will post after riding in the daylight.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
I'll be dealing with a family issue and will be unable to send out any panels until after July 1, 2019.

My brother, (Tony Garcia) who flew down to california last year just to be my "wingman" after I put my beast back together, was diagnosed with bladder cancer and is going "under-the-knife" on Monday (6/17) at Mayo Clinic in AZ. He's the best brother anyone could have, , , and all "prayers" or "good thoughts" would be appreciated.

Respectfully,
Blu

UPDATE: My brother pulled through the surgery fine and is in recovery for a few more days. Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
SHIPPING RATE INCREASE
USPS (United States Postal Service) have raised their rates again. The Priority Mail Flat Rate Medium box (If it fits, it ships) is now $15.05.

The Unobtainium 2.0 panels cost me $132.00 USD and thats what I charge members here, plus $15.05 USD for S/H (lower 48 states only) and the total is $147.05 USD.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts