Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Coming out of town today, heading home I was following a 1 ton work type truck. We got to an intersection and he put on his blinkers to turn right at the intersection. A woman in a big SUV at the intersection saw his blinker on and decided what the heck, I'll just go ahead and make my left turn in front of him, he is turning right.

Well as soon as he started his turn and she started pulling out, guess what she sees?

Me and my black 1200!!! I did give her a California hello.

I never pull out or turn in front of someone even if they do have their turn signal on. You never know what they are really meaning to do. And if I can't see clearly behind them, absolutely no way am I pulling out into the traffic.

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
imported post

Yeah, its amazing...the number of folks that just can't/don't think beyond their hood ornament...! Was exiting a 4-lane the other day, and here comes this female-type person, heading "on" the off-ramp.
Wish I had a camera...her eyes were as big as saucers!!! :shock:
Didn't bother wavin'...she was already payin' the fiddler for her dance.:action:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I never trust a signal. And I like making eye contact.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

agreed!!! i was in a car the other day (didnt ride the bike cause i dont ride in the snow, call me wimpy i dont care lol...) but i was driving a few cars behind this tractor trailer and i could not believe my eyes, we are in a construction zone 45 mph, he is going prob 65 and he is weaving in and out of cars, no turn signal no nothing and at least 5 times i said to myself yep if i was beside him on my bike i would be dead cause he didnt even take time to look close just swoosh back and forth like if he was driving a sports car, i drive a truck for a living and drivers like that make me sick, they give all of us a bad name, down the road a bit i found a D.P.S officer parked on the side of the road and i pulled over and told him about it, not sure if anything happed but i feel i did my part.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
imported post

Dude, I hate to sound sexist, but every "incident' that I've ever had involved female drivers....especially one's on cell phones..I'm just really glad that it all worked out....You are one of our anchors..

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

chesterwgunn wrote:
..I'm just really glad that it all worked out....You are one of our anchors..
I feel more like a ship lost in the middle of the night on a turbulent sea. :cheeky1:

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

It's amazing how many times this happens and we're driving our car......it just doesn't register as scray as when we're on our bikes. People have their own agendas and you (no matter what you are driving) are not in the equation........

Damn I swear we needa recession/depression to hit this country hard to bring people back to friggin reality!

Al

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Lostinflorida
What the heck is a Californian Hello ????????????
I was wondering if there was something I was missing....

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,205 Posts
imported post

Only thing missing was the rest of his fingers pointing the same direction :)

This afternoon I am driving my wife's car. Nice and clean and very dark blue. You can't miss it.

I have the green light, running exactly the speed limit of 45 mph and I'm about 3 car lengths from the intersection. Coming at me is a car with two high school age teenagers in it. Both of them have their eyes pointed to the left side of their car.

That picture bothered me enough that I tapped my brakes to knock off a few mph. Yep! They turned left right square in front of me and I had to push harder on that brake pedal to keep from hitting their right side passenger door. :baffled:

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I wonder if anyone has counted the times this happens to us all here, got to be way up there, good thing you were looking.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Foodman wrote:
Lostinflorida
What the heck is a Californian Hello ????????????
I was wondering if there was something I was missing....
That's from the movie "The Beverly Hillbillies"

A one fingered wave. :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
imported post

I fitted a headlight modulator. If I feel uneasy when a car approaches a junction on my road I hit the modulator. They don"t take their eyes off you as you pass !!! Put it on one day in heavy traffic and two cars in front of me pulled onto the hard shoulder. That got them off the road. !!
This and the brake modulators are the best thing I have fitted to my bike. (and they"re not even chrome......):)

·
Premium Member
63,096 Posts
imported post

Yea, The Beverly Hillbillies, funny movie.. I forgot...
Had that in mine, just wanted to be sure.............

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

Yes...never trust a turn signal!!!(Repeat that a bunch of times!!)

My wife and I were at an intersection at highway 51 here where I live one evening when a car was coming south, towards us, with it's right turn signal just a flashing and they were also slowing down, as if to turn. Only they didn't.!!
She stopped just in time and then told me that was getting to be a common thing here. They give a signal to turn only to not turn and have you hit them.:X

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.