Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I will short wires going to regulator (w/o green one), then I will install 2 resistors, one to fuel gauge, another one to temp gauge. If I install common resistor for both systems, they will affect each other (temp gauge will show different readings depending if fuel tank is empty or full.
I am not sure how many Oms, it should be the same resistance of each system. Voltage drops twice from 14 to 7, no hard calculations. Resistance of each system should be in middle position, fuel half tank, temp.- normal engine temp.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

won't be accurate and fluctuate with voltage... and 7807 voltage regulators are about 50 cents.. or if you can't find that use a LM317 and a couple of resistors for about a buck or two..

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Sandiegobrass, thanks.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
I have some 7807 regulators. Just the regulator, nothing else. Will need something to mount it in, and some caps...
How much? Do you accept Paypal? Do I need to attach it to some piece of metal for cooling?
car5car at hotmail dot com

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

newbiker wrote:
Silicon Sam wrote:
I have some 7807 regulators. Just the regulator, nothing else. Will need something to mount it in, and some caps...
How much? Do you accept Paypal? Do I need to attach it to some piece of metal for cooling?
car5car at hotmail dot com
I would mount it inside of a metal DE9 hood (not metalized plastic), screwing the regulator to one side of the hood. Solder on the caps, then the wires exit out the end where the wire normally goes. Screw together and fill the thing up with hot melt glue to keep dust out, and keep vibration from loosening the wires.

Someday I may put some finished units together. Not like I need more projects!

Due to paypal fees, etc, it'll be $3 First Class shipping included in the US.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.