Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have come across a seat for a goldwing 1100 and I am trying to figure out who makes/made it. The only identification I can see on it is a patch on the back that says "cg". However I can not find any reference to a cg motorcycle seat? Anyone know who makes/made this seat?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Post a picture of it or the link.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Corbin/Gentry

That seat could be 30 years old.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Lot of money for a used seat that needs recovering.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Yeah. But unfortunately the market for reasonably priced aftermarket seats seems pretty small. I would like to find a good aftermarket seat for me and my wife but don't want to spend half of what I paid for the bike

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

chrismeats
Time to edit your profile to include your bike and mileage

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Ahh yes it is. I started this account before I got my goldwing. I bought a 81 1100 interstate last fall and spent all winter/spring fixing it up with my father-in-law. We ended up putting a new engine in it with unknown mileage. So I can update my profile with the bike but actual mileage is unknown.

The bike has a very nice new paint job and I would like to find a really nice aftermarket seat to go with it for a good price.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

but is it as good as the CG? I know that saddle man is on the lower end price wise of aftermarket seats for this bike. But I dont know how they fair as far as quality.

My concern is spending the money and then not liking it. I wish I could "test drive" the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

If you buy the Corbin Gentry seat you are buying a seat base. That seat has 30 year old foam under that failing cover. If you try to recover it you will most likely find crumbling foam. The Saddleman seat seams like a better deal.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

did your bike come with a set?? get reworked there must be someone close by to do the job

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

JC Whitney sells a Saddleman kit that allows you to install new foam and vinyl on your original pan. That's whats pictured on mine. Istallation not bad. About $130, as I recall.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
imported post

Bought a Saddleman for my 83 GL1100i. Lowers you a little but the seat is very hard in my opinion. It is however a lot more comfortable than the 25 yr. old stock seat.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

I had the saddle man seat on my 79 wing was very comfortable .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.