Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is a lot of info on internet, I am going to try.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,953 Posts
imported post

Hi Newbiker,

I tried, unsuccessfully, to repair mine. Randakks now has diaphragm replacements for the GL12. They are expensive.

Let us know how you make out with the repair. Now that Honda no longer supplies the part, lots of people here are going to need an alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
imported post

if you're talking about the slides i did silicone mine. worked for about 700 miles until i thought the silicone came loose because i started having problems again. when i took them apart again found them still intact. could not figure out what was going on. put in new slides, same results. ended up putting new[used] carbs and new accelerator pump and solved my problem.

cannot really say if it will work or not, honestly.

mark:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

I used Liquid Tape on the carb diaphrams on a Yamaha Virago I used to have. I applied just a tiny dab with a toothpick to both sides of the cracks.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

k1w1t1m wrote:
I used Liquid Tape on the carb diaphrams on a Yamaha Virago I used to have. I applied just a tiny dab with a toothpick to both sides of the cracks.
How long did it last?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Hey guys... take a look at this stuff. It's pretty amazing, flexible and seems like it will never let go of anything. I use it a lot.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.