Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I must admit, I've come to the conclusion that my stereo system (dated term) is one of the most important components on my bike...I love to ride and listen to the tunes..Today it was Van Morrison and Steely Dan...Yesterday it was Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits and John Anderson..The day before it was the Allman Brothers and the White Stripes... Thursday it was Rosanne Cash and Ray Davies...Turn me on to what you're listening to...I'd really like to know.. The day before it was Chet Atkins...I consider myself to have a very eclectic taste in music...Turn me on to something that I'm not familar with .....Music and Goldwings go hand-in-hand... I really think that if this thing didn't have a stereo, I'd have already sold it..

Seriously, I want to hear from all of you!!!

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

I use an I-pod shuffle and ear buds. It hold about 250 songs and is not much bigger than a book of matches.

My taste is wide and varied. Right now it goes from a little bit of Hank Sr and Jr, Waylon, Beatles, Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Jimi Hendrix, Elton John, Morgan Davis and I sure can't leave out Ozzie Osbourne!

I can really get into Ozzie while traveling

and also digMorgan Davis' blues,,,,

"If I could only find what I was looking for,,, I'ld get a lifetime supply and then buy me some more,,, Of that pain killer to numb my nerves!"

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

If you dig jazz, don't overlook Chet Atkins....and anything that he ever did with Mark Knopfler....You will be amazed...and it is wonderful cruising music...honestly..

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I am like lost, I have a mp3 player, and have a mix of all my favorite songs.....music and riding do go hand in hand. I am still trying to figure out a way to get my MP3 to work on the new bike with the clarion system. My standard with the cyclesound system, I upgraded the stereo and it had an aux. jack on it.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
imported post

Try some heavy classical sounds when riding in beautiful scenery. Makes us slow down and appreciate the scenery.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
imported post

There is something missing when riding without tunes. I have my MP3 player with aux jack into the stereo. Went so far as to buy the 12v adapter to charge if on long trips.
My music covers a wide variety of genres
Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Rodger Miller Rascal Flatts, CCR, Simon & Garfunkle AC/DC, Grateful Dead, Beach Boys.
I also tend to listen to some GREAT bagpipe bands. IMHO if you play pipe music loud enough it seems to be a very good deer deterrent, for some reason they don't run toward the bike.:dude:

·
Lost on this *****
4,317 Posts
imported post

I'm a classic rocker myself,,,,,,,,,, CCR, Fog Hat, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Janis Joplin, Seger, John Fogerty, Fabulous Thunderbirds, Cher, The Guess Who, Rolling Stones, and then I'll throw a little country in the mix,,,,,,,, gotta love the man in black (Johnny Cash).

The list can go on,,,,,,,, but I know there is other stuff I would like to hear also,,,,, so this is a good topic,,,,,,,,Thanks for bringing it up. I'm going to look up some of that Chet Atkins.

I agree that music & goldwings go very well together. But there were times on my trip in the Rockies that I just wanted to hear the motor purr.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
imported post

I listen to K-Love radio station, in the Kansas City area it is 96.1 and 97.3

I do also have an mp3 player that I sometimes use

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

John Prine all 21 or so of his albums, makes for a great ride for me.

Ride Safe, Ray

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Bob Seger
Billy Idol
Alice Cooper
Bon Jovi
Cheap Trip
Van Morrison
Billy Joel
Aerosmith
Eagles
Dire Straits
Pat Benitar
REO Speedwagon
Stevie Nicks
Tom Petty
Blue Oyster Cult
Jimmie Buffet

Just a few of the many..................

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

I rode the Wing to Savannah on business this afternoon. I was listening to:

AC/DC

4Non Blonds

Swingin' Medallions

Cedar Hill(Bluegrass)

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Gap Band

Guns n Roses

Eminem

Snoop Dogg

Cranberries

Madonna

Uncle Kracker

7Mary3

Coolio

...and the hits just keep on coming!:cooldj:

·
Premium Member
4,401 Posts
imported post

I have a good story about riding Goldwings and listening to music:

You know how movies have soundtracks and the music just matches the scene. I had it happen in real life!

In August of 2006, me and another guy rode 1550 miles visiting Masonic Lodges between DC and home. On Saturday night, we were going to visit a Lodge in Grassy Creek, VA. We stayed in the town of West Jefferson, NC, which was at the bottom of the mountain from Grassy Creek. As many of you have no doubt experienced, finding a radio station in the mountains is tough, especially in small towns. That night, when I left West Jefferson for the 15-20 mile trip to Grassy Creek on a road that made the "Tail of the Dragon" look like a Kansas freeway:shock:, the only station I could pick up was a tiny FM station from Galax, VA that had a live studio bluegrass show on Saturday night. Riding on that rural mountain road listening to that live bluegrass, man, you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face with a sledge hammer!:action:

I still smile when I think of it.:)

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
imported post

Bob Dylan
Beatles
Stones
Leonard Cohen
Gordon Lightfoot
The Animals
Glass Tiger
Billy Joel
Rossini
Farrside Quartet

But first and foremost, Die Zimmerman

There's nothing quite like blasting past a gaggle of Hardleys with "Eve of Destruction' going full blast:cheeky1:

Happened on Saturday!!!!

·
Forum Diplomat
7,368 Posts
imported post

In the Great Mountains and on the Great Plains of this beautiful land, I've been with Emmylou Harris, Alabama, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan, Hank Williams, Hank Williams, Jr., Bob Seeger, Woody Guthrie, Nancy Griffith, David Frizzel and Dotty West, Johnny Cash, The Beach Boys, The Beattles, Stan Rogers, The Eagles, Billy Bragg and Wilco, and -- the Queen -- Ella Fitzgerald........and, of course, still the King.... Elvis, himself.

You can't ride in the Appalachian mountains without Mother Maybelle Carter, Earl Scruggs, and Doc Watson, and you can't ride in the Rocky Mountains without Nancy Griffith, John Denver, and the truck drivin' songs of Alabama......

Music and America, they go together like Red and me, like two-lane roads and Goldwings, like the U.S. Marines and the U.S. Flag.......

A country that doesn't play the 12 string guitar, well, it just ain't a country.... and without a banjo, it's like a country without a heart. And I am not leaving out the "auld" countries, Scotland, and Ireland and Wales and England. Your folk music sounds just like our hill billy music! We acknowledge our roots!

One of the great things about Goldwings is the music you can play and listen to, and, when combined with wonderful scenery, and a happy woman on the back -- it just don't get any better. I'm still working on adding audio to my ST.... I'll get there.... can't go back to the Rocky Mountains without Nancy and John!

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
imported post

Despite my trusty MP3 player plugged into my fairing speakers, I have a tendency to sing while riding ! This drove my wife mad, especially if we'd got the rider to pillion intercoms up and running....

Much depends on my mood, the weather, the scenery and such, but I tended to sing Elvis, anything from Easy Rider, The Eagles and even folk music when the mood takes me.

Kev

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

KevS wrote:
Despite my trusty MP3 player plugged into my fairing speakers, I have a tendency to sing while riding ! This drove my wife mad, especially if we'd got the rider to pillion intercoms up and running....

Much depends on my mood, the weather, the scenery and such, but I tended to sing Elvis, anything from Easy Rider, The Eagles and even folk music when the mood takes me.

Kev
I have been guilty of doing the exact same thing almost on a daily basis...or at least it's what I call singing...

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

SB in SC wrote:
I have a good story about riding Goldwings and listening to music:

You know how movies have soundtracks and the music just matches the scene. I had it happen in real life!

In August of 2006, me and another guy rode 1550 miles visiting Masonic Lodges between DC and home. On Saturday night, we were going to visit a Lodge in Grassy Creek, VA. We stayed in the town of West Jefferson, NC, which was at the bottom of the mountain from Grassy Creek. As many of you have no doubt experienced, finding a radio station in the mountains is tough, especially in small towns. That night, when I left West Jefferson for the 15-20 mile trip to Grassy Creek on a road that made the "Tail of the Dragon" look like a Kansas freeway:shock:, the only station I could pick up was a tiny FM station from Galax, VA that had a live studio bluegrass show on Saturday night. Riding on that rural mountain road listening to that live bluegrass, man, you couldn't have wiped the smile off my face with a sledge hammer!:action:

I still smile when I think of it.:)
That had to be almost a quasi-religous experience....It's those rare experiences that stir one's souland really make life enjoyable...It's funny how simplicity and bliss go hand in hand...

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

nightwizard40 wrote:
I am like lost, I have a mp3 player, and have a mix of all my favorite songs.....music and riding do go hand in hand. I am still trying to figure out a way to get my MP3 to work on the new bike with the clarion system. My standard with the cyclesound system, I upgraded the stereo and it had an aux. jack on it.
Wazza matter? Don't they sell wired in FM Modulators over there in Alabamy?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.