Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

I first looked at it I thought the trailer was hooked to the front of a trike. Perhaps a fancy way of putting it in spot. Then I woke up. They say the ride really well, have not tried one myself. I did sit on one and don't like the way you sit, about the same way as that of a crotch rocket. They seem to be really stable, but I also hear that they are not really catching on very well.

·
Administrator
26,550 Posts
imported post

For $18,000 bux they ain't gonna catch on well.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Same goes for the Harley Trike it's at 32,000 starting. I love my Goldwing.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

Saw one last year in Dodge City. Kid was acting crazy on it, but it did look stable.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

I rode one here localy and the ride is not to bad but you talking about a weird feeling wow, and you are right you sit like you are on a zoom splat.I love my wing and this did not compare at all.:D:D

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
imported post

I had a play on one of these the other day. Strange, and interesting feeling.
BUT it does make the lovely young ladies take a second look. If only it was mine, and I were 20(?) years younger.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

I am looking for the opportunity to test ride one! The other reply was thinking that $18,000 would keep them from being popular. I have $10,000 more in my Trike! Plus the trailer! Yikes, I hate to think about it that way!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
imported post

I like to lean too much - not for me. A friend's wife has one I sat on yesterday - nah, not my cup o'tea. Seating position is VERY zoomsplat - in fact even tighter IMO. The paddle shifter seemed cool but the braking (no hand brake just foot brake from the zoomsplat position) would not be good for me. Trunk was cool but I'd keep the wing any 'ol day.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I'm just not ready for any 3 wheeler yet! :) Maybe when I get having problems with my 2 wheeler a trike might be the answer or maybe a small sports car!

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

They look really interesting at first, until you realize they are just a Ski Doo that they they have replaced the track with a swingarm and the ski's with tires. That being said, I would still like to test ride one to see how it feels.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,178 Posts
imported post

We have a dealer for them just down the street from me.

I'm anxious to take it for a spin.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Be interesting to see how rear tires wear on that thing. On a couple reverse trikes I've seen the rear tire wear is bad. One guy near me has a Shrike powered with a BMW bike and it only gets 2000-3000 miles on an automotive rear tire. The original motorcycle tire on the rear was lucky to get 1000 miles. Dave's website below:

http://unitas.lunarpages.com/~norton2/shrike.htm

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

I rode one and it is very fun, very zoomspat, but as said previously, I like to lean. I would miss the curves. It had the same sensation as a 4 wheeler ATV but for the street. Seating was way different though. Not sure why they cost so much. Harley trikes are supposed to be $36k next year.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
imported post

There was an article in the GWRRA newsletter about the Spider. Two up it is a little underpowered and with a trailer it definately needs more horses. Plus the gas mileage isn't what you would expect; mid to low 30s and less with 2 up.

Bernie

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
imported post

I seen one of them when I went to take my cycle road test. the guy says it kinda turns weird. I don't think I could ever enjoy somthing like that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.