Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget about it Dusty Boots. It's only 160 miles from home and you going via Nome Alaska or wherever doesn't count.:raspberry:

So far lt looks like Florida or Kansas but I haven't checked the maps for miles.

Actually the prize will be based on kilometers since this is a Canadian event and therefore you will only receive 0.6214 of an equivalent American prize. :sadguy:

Any other long riders?

·
Administrator
20,573 Posts
Looks like 1156 miles for me but your mileage may very!

Dang! It's 1,860 km......that sounds a lot farther!!!! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Just one of the guys
4,781 Posts
It's about 80 miles for me, as the crow flies, but a bit further as I will be going around Lake Erie instead of through it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Sorry guys - the long distance award is mine, allllll mine. I have to ride from my real home in Norway, and as I will be going west through Siberia and across that bridge to Alaska, my mileage will be in the neighborhood of 20,000 give or take a thousand. That will be about 32,000 kilometers. Please ignore my listed location of North Bay, Ontario which is only just over 600 kms from the rally.:ROFL:

So, Y'All may :claps: now, as I give you a formal :bow:

·
(Rick Sheeley GWRRA)
659 Posts
Can you see Sarah Palin's house from your bike???? :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Can you see Sarah Palin's house from your bike???? :)
Not yet, as I am only just leaving... But when I hit Alaska, I will begin to look. Is she still living in the Governors mansion? (yes, I know she is no longer the Governor, but some people just do what they want)

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys - the long distance award is mine, allllll mine. I have to ride from my real home in Norway, and as I will be going west through Siberia and across that bridge to Alaska, my mileage will be in the neighborhood of 20,000 give or take a thousand. That will be about 32,000 kilometers. Please ignore my listed location of North Bay, Ontario which is only just over 600 kms from the rally.:ROFL:

So, Y'All may :claps: now, as I give you a formal :bow:
Do you have muskox alerts on your bike? :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Okay, I is standing here at the end of Siberia and I do not see that friggin' bridge to Alaska. Don't tell me I will have to backtrack. Bummer, man.......:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I is standing here at the end of Siberia and I do not see that friggin' bridge to Alaska. Don't tell me I will have to backtrack. Bummer, man.......:sadguy:
I think the ice bridge melted about 10,000 years ago. :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
And nobody felt it necessary to tell me.... Hmmmmm.

Well, I found an old raft, and I have loaded the bike and the trailer onto it. I am about to swim across towing the raft, but it will be slow going. And cold.....:lash: Hyah mule.

A Tsunami would have been quicker. Then I could have been carried across in a storage container, Hawwwwwww, hahahahaha, snork, wheeze.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And nobody felt it necessary to tell me.... Hmmmmm.

Well, I found an old raft, and I have loaded the bike and the trailer onto it. I am about to swim across towing the raft, but it will be slow going. And cold.....:lash: Hyah mule.

A Tsunami would have been quicker. Then I could have been carried across in a storage container, Hawwwwwww, hahahahaha, snork, wheeze.
Don't forget the narwhale alerts. :)

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just a hair short of 1400 miles for us, that's staying in Canada
The Minister of Political Correctness has disqualified you for not posting in kilometers.:raspberry::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:raspberry: to the Minister of Political Correctness
The Minister of Miscellany has applied the Manitoba Mosquito Wingspan Approximation Formulation and reinstated your status. :readit:

For those not familiar with Manitoba mosquitos, think of them as self propelled lawn darts.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Well, I made it to Alaska. Just got ashore in Wales, and rode the 18 miles to Tin City, where I will thaw out overnight, then a leisurely ride to NASSIR6. I picked up my Muskox Warning Whistles to mount on the front fairing, here in Tin City. There is no store, so what I did was hire two Inuut young people to ride up front and whistle when they see any Muskox. I hope it works, as I understand one never recovers their sense of smell if one hits a Muskox. Wish me luck.:bow:

P.S. The North Pacific is not as cold as the North Atlantic, where I kissed a cod that I jigged meself, and said the saying that must be said, many years ago. Deed I is me old (name for a rooster) and long may your big jib draw, and tossed back screech. For this I got me a certificate of honorary Newfiehood. Well, between the ceremony and marrying a Newfie maid as well. :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I have reached Watson Lake, in the Yukon Territories, and that ALCAN was quite a ride. I have let the young Inuut people go home as there should be no Muskox from here on. We did see some Grizzlies, but the Inuut girls did not whistle, and it was almost the end of us. When I asked them why they did not whistle, they said "Not Muskox... you hire for Muskox, not bear" Well, I guess they are correct. It will now be a leisurely light trek from here to Simcoe, ON, as I have nine days to get there. See AllaYall at NASSIR 6. Keep my distance trophy warm and shiny, please.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have reached Watson Lake, in the Yukon Territories, and that ALCAN was quite a ride. I have let the young Inuut people go home as there should be no Muskox from here on. We did see some Grizzlies, but the Inuut girls did not whistle, and it was almost the end of us. When I asked them why they did not whistle, they said "Not Muskox... you hire for Muskox, not bear" Well, I guess they are correct. It will now be a leisurely light trek from here to Simcoe, ON, as I have nine days to get there. See AllaYall at NASSIR 6. Keep my distance trophy warm and shiny, please.
If you're crossing Manitoba you'll need mosquito alerts, preferably extra large. Contact Wexy for pricing. :)

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
If you're crossing Manitoba you'll need mosquito alerts, preferably extra large. Contact Wexy for pricing. :)
I need them here in the Yukon, and will in Northern BC and Altaberty. And they are Jumbo sized here. The kind that rip off an arm and laugh at you while they eat it. Will be in Valleyview tomorrow visiting with family, so maybe they have advice on this problem.;)

P.S. The advice from the Northern Altabertyans was to ride far and fast, so I have done that. Edmonton in my Rear View......(sent from my CB radio)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.