Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

Just landed in Joplin for a little chow. Should hit E.S. around 10:00pm

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
imported post

We left 5 am this morning, arriving around 1pm...no issues and only one little spot of rain on way down, then once here its rained off and on today..Been sitting around laughing it up with everyone!!!

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
imported post

Winger77, Ronnie, and I had a pretty good day. We started off riding the Country Music Highway for a while then took route 52 more or less and crossed the Daniel Boone national forest. That road must have started out as a deer trail. Up, Down, round and round, almost more fun than should be legal. I never saw so many squiggley signs with 15, 25 and 35 MPH advisories in my life. We did some 4 lane riding as well and it was terrible hot again. We saw tems over 100 today so even with drinking lots it still takes a toll, my hands were so hot in my leather gloves I rode without them for a while but my hands started to burn so I got a pair of thin cotton gerdening gloves at one of the fuel stops and my hands are happy now. I know, they are not much protection from anything but the sun.

Right now we are in Charleston MO at a motel and it is puring down rain and lightning and thunder like the dickens out there. The weather warnings are calling for 1 to 2 inches of rain overnight tonight so it should cool off some for tomorow. We figure we are about 5 to 6 hours from ES so we should be there early afternoon Monday.

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
imported post

jobe05 wrote:
Doug, what rout you guys taking, and were are you held up.

Im heading out in the morning, should be hitting Rt 81 around Whythville, Mile Marker 81 right between 4 and 5 am.

Maybe we'll cross paths. You flying your yellow?
We were in Ashland KY, Northeast corner. I see you hit Nashville so we were pretty far north of you. See You in ES, we will need to talk as after ES I am planning to head for the Cherohala, Dragon and ride the BRP from Cherokee all the way up. I need to find the best route from here across TN.

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

Made it!!!!

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

[align=center]we will be there tomorrow. would have made it late today but we ran into a storm about 50 miles away and part of the road flooded.. so we took another road and found a motel in the middle of nowhere.
[/align]

·
Super Moderator
6,132 Posts
imported post

I just rode through there....... Wasn't fun

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
imported post

[align=left]I made it in late Sunday but the next time I go swimming I'm not carrying the bike.
[/align]

121 - 132 of 132 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.