Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

It's finaly a great day in wisconsin, 75 degrees and sunny, My wings all tore apart, so I took my 79 cb750f for a cruise, Lots of bikes on the road today, Every body giving the wave except for the harley guys, they just give a the look like what the hell you riding that thing for.

I don't get the big things about harleys, Sure they look good, But what a price, And I like to feel my hand andass when I'm done riding, you know, I've riden a couple of harleys and wasn't impressed, sure their quick, but what a ride vibrates you numb. And what the hells up with the hardtails, I like my tail bone, don't know about you guys.

I'll stick with my hondas, Smooth running, smooth ride, More then enoughpower for me what more could you ask.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

They're not stuck up.

So many parts fall off, they are afraid to let go of the grip. Might not still be there when they reach back for it!

Rev me up, I'm a Harley!!
POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO
POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO POTATO

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
They're not stuck up.

So many parts fall off, they are afraid to let go of the grip. Might not still be there when they reach back for it!

Rev me up, I'm a Harley!!
Hey Brojees:waving: I love it...:D I must say most Harley Guys that I meet are friendly, as a matter of fact I met one Friday and inbetween his eating a piece of chicken and drinking from a bottle of Jack Daniels he was very friendly.:)

:12red::cool:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

If you guys were pushing your bikes most days after they break down, :crying: you wouldn't be waving or smiling at other bikers. :whip:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

You know if I ever bought a Harley, I would limit it to 100cc. That way it would be easier to load on a trailer, truck or simply push when it broke down.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Be nice guys. There are some Harley owners on this site who love their bikes and I have been out riding on a few occasions when a Wing broke down and the Harley guys stopped to see if they could help out.

Harley's are just a different motorcycle experience for some guys and maybe they need the noise and vibration to help them escape the world for a little while at a time, but, for longer rides they use their Gold Wings.

Vic;)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

WINGs can beak down????? Must be the harsh climate you live in Vic!!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

Around here it is thick with Harley's because of the plant being so close and the areas largest dealer in Gettysburg. I would say close to 70% of the bikes I pass are Harley and 95% of them will shoot a wave back at you. The other 5% are just p****s

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Goldwinger1984 wrote:
There are some Harley owners on this site who love their bikes

but, for longer rides they use their Gold Wings.
Hey Goldwinger1984 :waving:Thats against the rules, :whip: no harleys allowed here. :whip:at least they have the sense to use Goldwings for the longer rides. :clapper:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Brojees, that Wing breakdown was only a throttle cable that broke due to poor maintenance and we managed to get home by using the return cable in the pull cable's place.

Redwing., I agree,but, I think more Harley riders would attempt long distance rides if they had bags to put all the parts in that fall off on the long trips. Normally Harley engines (top ends)need to be rebuilt about every 80,000 miles if driven hard and Wing engines have been known to exceed 500,000 miles before needing rebuilding.

I rebuilt the top end of a Harley Evolution 1340 last year and it cost over $3000. When I rebuilt the heads on my GL1200 it cost less than $250. total. I think I would rather put money in the gas tank than waste it on bragging rights to high dollars put out for HD maintenance. But, that's just my humble opinion.

Vic

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey Goldwinger1984 :waving: Why cant these guys not understand what you have stated. :whip: The guys that i see on hd when im out on my Honda 50 look and appear very scruffy and untidy :whip:and always look as if they need to be washed. :whip:The guys that i see riding their Goldwings are always dressed very tidy and look immaculate. :clapper:We wont write any more about hd.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

90% of the guys and galsI ride with are on Harleys. 90% of those guys and gals are very nice, gainfully employed individuals who smile and wave back. We have a great time ribbing each other. They treat me as an equal and likewise from me to them. I wouldn't hesitate to stop and offer what ever assistance I could. I do kid them about having to carry standard tools and a big tube of Loc-Titewith me soI can help.:clapper:

Istopped by my favorite watering hole yesterday and there was a brand new 2005Harley dresser parked out in front. A really fine looking bike I must say. I walked in and said "Man, that's a great looking bike parked out front and btw the Harley looks pretty good too." You oughttohave seen the look on the Harley owners face. Priceless.We bothhad a laugh andpartook in some Adult beverages in moderation.

Life is GOOOD. Time to go riding. It's going to be 80 deg F. here today with light puffy clouds in a beautiful blue sky.

C-Ya

Hobie

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Hobie 1, that's been my experience also. At least for the last 4-5 years. A little dose of mutual respect mixed in with your humor really goes a long way...

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Hobie & Shooter,

My experience is the same as yours. I can almost always get a wave from a HD rider, most all "others" and always from from the mopeds and scooters, the ones least likely to wave back around here seem to be the 'Wings!!!! Figure that one out!!!!:waving::waving:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Allen wrote:
the ones least likely to wave back around here seem to be the 'Wings!!!! Figure that one out!!!!
Hey Allen :waving:Dont you know that all wing riders are snobs. :whip:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Here it's a "Person" thing not a "Bike" thing ! some wave , some don't!

The Harley riders here are great guys and friendly too !

They say I'm on a "Rice Burner" and I say you're on a "Cheese Burner" (Made in Wisconsin" ! They laugh, it's a new one for them because I made it up !

Next Sunday I'll be riding with a couple hundred "Harley's" , I told them I'll have to get a hitch put on to pull the "Craftsman trailor" for them !

They also like when I tell them the bikes were named after the "Harley Mechanics", "Knuckle Head" and "Pan Head"!

Bottom line , they know I respect their bikes and we have fun !

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Someone stated the other day that the new 'Wing' riders are afraid to let go of one of the handle bars. After seeing all of the crap that they attach to their bars, I'm suprised that they can get their heads above the windshield, much less wave.

I'm not jealous, just curious how in the hell you're supposed to keep track of your GPS, Cell Phone, Radar Detector, Cup Holder,Cappachino machine, CD/CB player, cruise control, airride suspension, ABS, and dog waxing machine while going down the highway with your head up.:cheeky1:

I like my bike. It's old like me, doesn't move any faster than I want, and rides smooth and comfortable, like me.

Life is good.

Hobie, calling it a night(9:30 pm CST)

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

They have to be "Multi-Taskers" !

Piece of cake !

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

My opinion of a bike is K I S S keep it simple stupid. I like to hopon my bike and go fly out in the country, Don't need all those distractions, just like to get away in my own little world.

I guess your right, lots of harley guys wave, some don't, but that seems to go for all bike riders, no matter what their riding, I just seemed to see a lot of harley guys out sat, and it made me wonder,

To Each His Own

I also don't understand all these middle age guys who never rode a bike before, just go out and buy a big new harley, because their freinds do, There usually the dangerous ones on the road, Don't know whats worse them or the rocket guys, always doing a wheelie down the street,

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
:whip:The guys that i see riding their Goldwings are always dressed very tidy and look immaculate. :clapper:
It's a good thing you can't see my old leather jacket, when Igot home today there were a good supply of bug guts all over it. Ditto for helmet, even had the damn stuff on my boots. Got a couple between the side of my head and my helmet but those got wiped out right away, didn't want to think of a wounded wasp in my helmet with me!

I really felt scruffy at one rest stop. My brother wears some fancy kind of riding suit on his BMW (paid $700 for it), most of the other riders had fancy colorful riding gear, and there I was with an old worn brown leather jacket, jeans and my old brown engineer boots. Not to mention my old worn me. If I had the bucks those guys have in their clothes I'd have a bike a couple years newer!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.