Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Sometimes the Wing Riders don't wave because:

A: Too much arthritis and they forgot to take their Advil

B: They're not sure how to answer a 1 finger wave.

C: They were busy adjusting their suspension, radio and talking on the CB to notice the other rider.

D: The ride is soooo smooth that they are in a "Zen" state of mind and not waving to anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Jerryk wrote:
Sometimes the Wing Riders don't wave because:

A: Too much arthritis and they forgot to take their Advil

B: They're not sure how to answer a 1 finger wave.

C: They were busy adjusting their suspension, radio and talking on the CB to notice the other rider.

D: The ride is soooo smooth that they are in a "Zen" state of mind and not waving to anyone.
E: You passed them while they were napping.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
imported post

In a group we ride with one couple who owns a Harley and a Wing. On the long trips he always takes the Wing. (Because he always wears the Harley clothing we call him a cross dresser). :goofygrin:

Keep the Shiny side up!

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing. wrote:
:whip:The guys that i see riding their Goldwings are always dressed very tidy and look immaculate. :clapper:
It's a good thing you can't see my old leather jacket, when Igot home today there were a good supply of bug guts all over it. Ditto for helmet, even had the damn stuff on my boots. Got a couple between the side of my head and my helmet but those got wiped out right away, didn't want to think of a wounded wasp in my helmet with me!

I really felt scruffy at one rest stop. My brother wears some fancy kind of riding suit on his BMW (paid $700 for it), most of the other riders had fancy colorful riding gear, and there I was with an old worn brown leather jacket, jeans and my old brown engineer boots. Not to mention my old worn me. If I had the bucks those guys have in their clothes I'd have a bike a couple years newer!

Don't feel alone, I wear blue jeans, camoflauge boots, and a shirt, I wave at all riders if they wave back fine if they don'tfine....most do about 98%

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

As far as clothes: jeans, tennis shoes, T-shirt, helmet optional. The other day I bought a black "doo-rag" or skull cap as some call them. Since I have a premium size head and am a size xxx-large, one of my "buddies" called me Hobietellocomparing me tothe Mutant Ninja Turtles. After he got out of the hospital, he called to give me his regards:D.

I guess it all boils down to us all having as much fun as is legal and enjoying our rides.:clapper:I expect the respect I give others.

Regards to all

Hobie

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
imported post

Hotwing wrote:
(Because he always wears the Harley clothing we call him a cross dresser). :goofygrin:

Keep the Shiny side up!

Now that's funny....... :action: :clapper: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Exavid... I have a full face helmet with a shield.. In 1991, I opened the shield for some cool air and almost immediately a yellow jacket bounced inside my helmet.. I saw it hit the windscreen and bounce over..I went crazy trying to get at it but lost the fight.. It crawled down my chin, across my neck, bit me on the lower right ear lobe and fell off... :baffled:

Until this posting, I had forgotten about it...

Don't know how the HD guys eat all the bugs they do.. Go figure..

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

When I was a young lad on the Mojave Desert with my Triumph 650, it was the damn grasshoppers that used to feel like bullets. Finally had to put a windshield on the bike just to get rid of the taste of the things.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.