Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I thought it would be fun for people to list the reasons Goldwings are better than Harley.

1.Goldwings have way more storage than Harley:)

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Not sure I agree with #1 when compared to an Ultra, but here's a couple.

2. Smooth power without the vibration so you can ride 500 miles a day and not have your hands buzzing all night.

3. Quiet enough to enjoy my tunes.

4. Don't have to dress like a pirate. :ROFL:

This is of course all in fun.

John

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
imported post

Don't have to dress like a pirate!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

Honda Gold Wing is not 1910 technology like HD. I would hate to have a bike that sounds like my 1941 John Deere Model A tractor.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,908 Posts
imported post

The whole storage thing...yeah, wrong. Harley touring bikes have GoldWings beat hands down for storage.

That being said...

6. I have a 31 year old Wing...it runs.
7. 172k miles
8. Liquid cooled motor
9. Doesn't feel like I'm trying to ride a pit bike.

Now...for the ways Harley's are better

1. Aesthetics hands down you won't find a better looking bike than a Harley.
2. Resale value

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

ya know my dad just bought a new hd and i tell ya its a fine running machine so what it doesnt have a liquid cooled motor i think harley has gotten their act together on this 1585 motor with the 6speed with proper maintaince and upkeep your looking at over 100,000 miles before you need to do any motor work on it, the storage is just fine for one or two people on a long trip, they dont use throttle cables anymore its all sensor controlled. it runs very smooth and just about as good as any 1500 ive ridden. the sound system is bar none thumb controlled, passanger controlled, comes stock with a intercom system the seat is about 6inches wider than the 05 modle and the passanger seat is about 5inches wider than the 05 modle it comes stock with a back rest, and a silly but neat thing they put a slot in the bottom of the seat that allows air flow to keep your butt cooler and it works my dad had to stuff a sock down there cuz he's riding it when its cool out his butts gettin cold lol. and really whats better honda harley, bmw, kawi, ect i think as long as the wind is in your hair WHO GIVES A FLYIN POOP so i dont wanna hear "whats better" jeez louise and dont tell me you didnt expect someone to say somethin like this when you started this thread, lol..... im not mad

oh i forgot to mention on my dads new bike you can one finger it down the interstate at 80mph just as good as my wing or anyother ive ridden it rides super smooth no vibration or nothing now is 05 modle you could feel it this one i'd dare to vouch that it could balance a cup of water with out spilling it its that smooth at speed

now at idle it has the classic harley rumble but there is nothing wrong with that

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Don't have to dress like a pirate!!!:ROFL::ROFL:
That was funny Im glad I started this

And yes I knew a couple of pepople would defend the bikes with soul lol:D

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
imported post

hd are nice to look at, but so is a gw,ill go for the more quite bike .gw wins

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
imported post

I love my GW but I'd be lying if I said it didn't jazz me to rent an Ultra Classic every now and again.

·
Itinerant Wing Preacher
875 Posts
imported post

I got the worst monkey butt of my life after about 100 miles on an 09 Ultra, and it wasn't hot weather. Good all day on Ol' Blue. Jay

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Heated seat, cup holders, and music in the headsets, not forgetting my back massager too, all feel much better after 700 miles in a day than tattoos and hot leather as you walk your bike across town to the bar.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

unionjk wrote:
Heated seat, cup holders, and music in the headsets, not forgetting my back massager too...
Heated seat, cup holders and music in the headsets are all available for the Harley, and the intercom/music/CB are stock on the Ultra. Some would also argue that you get the natural back massager on the Harley if you have a backrest, because of the vibration. :D

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

I have both a Harley heritage springer and a 1200 Aspencade also a Triumph RS 955. I like riding all of them. On a long trip, you can bet that I will be riding the Goldwing,unless of course, I am riding with a bunch of pirates.lol

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

Wings have a more comfortable and sportable seating position..
Near zero maintenance for a long time
Faster and handle better
MUCH cooler to ride in hot FL weather
Harley advantage? incredible number of thick accessory catalogs
Resale/initial $$ hit/loss about the same as the wing/electra glide
Harley sound...if you like that sorta thing...

·
Premium Member
616 Posts
imported post

Better, or different? The 1500 & 1800s are probably more powerful, accelerate faster... 6 cylinders definitely smoother than a V-Twin. Not everyone wants the most modern conveyance out there. I spoke with a guy this summer that sold his 1800 and bought a HD Ultra. He wanted the V-Twin character... but admitted it had a lot less power (lowered expectations). Each to their own.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

I got my 1985 goldwing for about $2600 all said and done, 117,000 miles and counting, still rides like a dream and has very few issues. Try pulling that off with a hog. A crappy old iron head sporty from the 70's with a bad motor and half thetins missingwill cost ya $3,000-4,000.

They may be cleaning their act up now, but they're WAY behind and dashing to catch up with STUPIDLY overpriced products. And if you don't get one of the new ones (which I'm still not convinced are all there yet) you wind up with that classic Harley reliability.

What do F-14's and Harley's have in common? If there's no oil under it,it's because there's no oil in it.

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

Don't have to worry about a "piddle puddle" when you park
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
62,988 Posts
imported post

Wine cellar

1 - 20 of 101 Posts