Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Soooo what to do in a state where you have both concealed and open carry. Could you say when you are reaching and uncover the weapon that at that time, "I was carrying open.">:)
I dont think the cops care as long as it is holstered

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
24,339 Posts
I dont think the cops care as long as it is holstered

No, cops hate open carry, it makes regular people their equal.

·
Old School Guru
7,876 Posts
I carry, because I'm not strong enough to carry a cop around. But seriously, I go to work very early in the morning, and have been approached a couple of times where having a gun allowed me to go on my way. Little Rock isn't exactly one of the safest cities to travel through at 3:30 am. when you have to stop at red lights, either in the cage or on the bike. BTW, someone asked what folks favorite CC weapon, I have several different ones, but my favorite has to be my S&W Shield 9mm. Reliable, easy to shoot, easy to CC and accurate.

Gene:laugh:

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
I once never carried, didn't even own one to carry and it never bothered me. Then I started going to the range with my step father, and then I got on with the Department for my career, bought a Charter Arms 38 for off duty carry & BUG, and now, all these years, retired … I carry everywhere outside the home, and even carry in home if I'm in the basement or shop, even if mowing grass.

I sold that Charter Arms long ago, but I replaced it and augmented those. Retired, I still qualify yearly to carry nationwide. Usually do it with both a revolver and a former duty pistol (semi auto). Last year, just did pistol. This year gonna take my P229 for pistol, and my M-27 8-3/8 for revolver qual. I'll wake em up.

No, cops hate open carry, it makes regular people their equal.
I am not so sure. Va. has always been OK to open carry, and it never bothered me in my career to encounter it as long as they left it alone.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I am not so sure. Va. has always been OK to open carry, and it never bothered me in my career to encounter it as long as they left it alone.[/QUOTE]

I understand where you are coming from on that, I've always felt the same when encountering LEOs.>:)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Another reason to be nice to her and her daughter

lol , Told her about my newest acquisition. Got a new cc. S&W Gunsmoke variation. has a pocket hanger so no holster needed . State I live in I guess ,,,,, so I'm told ,,, that as long as 80% of the gun is covered up it's considered concealed.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts