Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi all,went out last night for a nice relaxing ride to the coast? so i thought...got to the coast and went to turn right around the roundabout but the bike wanted to go straight on (yes you have guessed it ) ive got a front flat...:X:gunhead:,anyway i have always carried an aerosol with that tyre foam inflatety stuff,got me home, just! ,so guess whos off the road again:crying::whinger:it will get to the point where i will have my own private preist to bless the bike before i go anywhere ???:angel:,hey ho onward and upward more money this month on the bike (she'll be whinging:whinger:) i'll be answering the usual deaf eared reply "YES DEAR" "no dear" 3 BAGS FULL DEAR??? :grinner::goofygrin::grinner:,ride safe all,bri,uk.:12beige:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I HATE days like that!:X

At least you kept a good attitude about it!:cool: I also have an aerosolcan tire sealer I carry with me. Fortunately I haven't had to use it yet. I also have one of those plug kits for a really bad day.

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hey Bri, I am beginning to wonder what sort of riding you are doing:baffled:but you know what they say" it never rains but it pours!" That has got to be your quota of three, on the bike hasn't it? Can't include the car in your bad luck, they always cause problems and cost loads. If you get bored you can always go to my web site and get even more bored by my latest bike pics. There is about half our stable in there and they all keep me poor, one way and another!!

[email protected]
Keep smiling mate, things can only get better ( eventually)

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Is "Whinging" a cross between "Whining and Winging"? Interesting, Whining over the Wing, Eh !:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

wingdawg101 wrote:
Is "Whinging" a cross between "Whining and Winging"? Interesting, Whining over the Wing, Eh !:baffled::goofygrin:
No Wingdawg, whinging, is an exclusively English ladies perrogative, it is something that they are taught as part of the ciriculum in senior school, whilst us lads are playing rugby, smoking behind the bike sheds, or snogging the less lady like girls,again, behind the bike sheds. The whinging course lasts approximately 4years, and no failures have ever been recorded, making it the most successful subject ever taught!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Boys are invited to take the "**** a deaf ear" course, and the wise ones, ( like Bri and me) take the course. This is the only thing known to workas a counter to the "whingers"

But you are right that the whinging is related to Winging and Whinning!!!:waving::grinner:

Helen has just read this and I am about to be castrated, judging by the look on her face!!:whip::battle::chopper:

Pete

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
wingdawg101 wrote:
No Wingdawg, whinging, is an exclusively English ladies perrogative, it is something that they are taught as part of the ciriculum in senior school, whilst us lads are playing rugby, smoking behind the bike sheds, or snogging the less lady like girls,again, behind the bike sheds. The whinging course lasts approximately 4years, and no failures have ever been recorded, making it the most successful subject ever taught!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Boys are invited to take the "**** a deaf ear" course, and the wise ones, ( like Bri and me) take the course. This is the only thing known to workas a counter to the "whingers"

But you are right that the whinging is related to Winging and Whinning!!!:waving::grinner:

Helen has just read this and I am about to be castrated, judging by the look on her face!!:whip::battle::chopper:

Pete

GO HELEN!!!!

My wife says Lorena Bobbit is her cousin and she can give you pointers!!!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

She probably wants to know about your "SNOGGING" adventures ?!!!

Could be trouble?

Hope you didn't "SNOG" any of her relatives by accident? You'll have a real "Whinging" problem!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
(she'll be whinging:whinger:) i'll be answering the usual deaf eared reply "YES DEAR" "no dear" 3 BAGS FULL DEAR??? :grinner::goofygrin::grinner:,ride safe all,bri,uk.:12beige:

FYI... I used to use that...until one night my wife replies.. "Do I look like I have hooves?" All I remember after that is me saying "Wel......" woke up with a nice size gash on the side of my head...

Which leads to another FYI.. DON'T THINK YOUR WIVES DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THOSE DIAMOND RINGS AS WEAPONS!!!!!!

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
ive got a front flat...:X:gunhead:,anyway i have always carried an aerosol with that tyre foam inflatety stuff,got me home, just! ,so guess whos off the road again
Hey 1200bikes :leprechaun:The only solution to flat tyresis PUNCTURESEAL at http://www.punctureseal.co.uk/ :clapper:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

On this side we use "RideOn" tire seal?!:baffled:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

hi all,it was'nt a puncture ,the valve was leaking from the rubber base where it had cracked!!! talk about bad luck,think i'll check my life cover,at least she'll benefit if i pop my clogs:angel2::angel::grinner::goofygrin:? oh and pete,i like your humour ! or are you being serious?;)anyway it only cost £2.00,what a bargain:clapper::cooler:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

hi pete,would you beleive it,iv'e already took the liberty of browsing your web site :cooler:,bri.;)

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
hi all,it was'nt a puncture ,the valve was leaking from the rubber base where it had cracked!!! talk about bad luck,think i'll check my life cover,at least she'll benefit if i pop my clogs:angel2::angel::grinner::goofygrin:? oh and pete,i like your humour ! or are you being serious?;)anyway it only cost £2.00,what a bargain:clapper::cooler:
My "lost" valve totalled my'83 1100iand fractured a rib. Lost the front one doing freeway speeds.

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
hi all,went out last night for a nice relaxing ride to the coast? so i thought...got to the coast and went to turn right around the roundabout but the bike wanted to go straight on (yes you have guessed it ) ive got a front flat...:X:gunhead:,anyway i have always carried an aerosol with that tyre foam inflatety stuff,got me home, just! ,so guess whos off the road again:crying::whinger:it will get to the point where i will have my own private preist to bless the bike before i go anywhere ???:angel:,hey ho onward and upward more money this month on the bike (she'll be whinging:whinger:) i'll be answering the usual deaf eared reply "YES DEAR" "no dear" 3 BAGS FULL DEAR??? :grinner::goofygrin::grinner:,ride safe all,bri,uk.:12beige:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Man, I can't imagine the feeling of having the front tire go down and know you're going also. Glad that you just broke a rib instead of ending up dead.

Wingdawg, tell us more about "Ride-on". I have read about it and would like your input.

I had new valve stems put in when I put on my Avon Venom Xs. I check the appearance of them when I check the tires air pressure.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
Sorry Bri, I am 48 years old and as i get older I have found I take life less seriously, so most of my banter is either in jest or just for a laugh. There is far too much serious in our lives and if i bring a smile to anyones face, then I am smiling too. The good thing is, I have no hang ups or insecurity, so I can take being mocked myself. Helen the Viking says I have skin like a rhinoceros's, so thick,..... or is it I'm so thick I am a rhinoceros's, i can't quite remember:goofygrin:. if you want serious, I'm afraid you will have to look elsewhere, there may well be some slightly silly pics go on the web site before too long. Worse still my two sons are taking after me and are getting daft as brushes, must be getting their own back for all those times I embarrassed them when they were young!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
hi pete,would you beleive it,iv'e already took the liberty of browsing your web site :cooler:,bri.;)
Gosh Bri, you must have been bored last night, what, no paint to watch dry:baffled:

Pete

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Dean, that was one of the funniest pictures I have ever seen, kept me giggling for ages, nice one mate!!!:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

:Dnice 1 dean,iv'e put the piccy you posted on as my wallpaper for her to see,if im not on after today please send for the emergency services to sew my bits back on:shock::crying:anyway pete i am of the same thinking as yourself,iv'e realised over the last 6yrs or so laugh at most things ,but not the wife!!!:grinner:keep up the good work y'all (bit of american there for our BUDDYS over the pond)!!!bri,sunderland ,uk, (weathers poo today no bikeing):(;)

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

1200bikes wrote:
:Dnice 1 dean,iv'e put the piccy you posted on as my wallpaper for her to see,if im not on after today please send for the emergency services to sew my bits back on:shock::crying:anyway pete i am of the same thinking as yourself,iv'e realised over the last 6yrs or so laugh at most things ,but not the wife!!!:grinner:keep up the good work y'all (bit of american there for our BUDDYS over the pond)!!!bri,sunderland ,uk, (weathers poo today no bikeing):(;)
Obviously you haven't kept your council tax bill paid up Bri, we have glorious sunshine here today and i am going to try to get Helen the Viking out for a spin tonight. ( Might even go for a ride on the bike aswell!!)

Believe me Bri, i am familiar with the Geordie sense of humour, two of my best mates in the Navy were from Sunderland and Walls End, and we had a right crack together. Surprising perhaps, cuz I could hardly understand a word they were talking about, especially when they really got going on the Newcastle/ Sunderland rivalry!! There was a fourth guy aswell from Chatham, and the poor Geordies, thought we both sounded so posh from down south, which in turn made us laugh, cuz we were both a bit cockney like!!:goofygrin:

Pete

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.