Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Noticed today that I could not attach a littleclip to help RB

Where before, I could attach this little 20k image and not have to upload it to some site (in this case mine).... It seems to me that this feature was very useful and keeps the "intellectual" property where it belongs (on the forum). Another very nice feature was that it was later available just by using its url address for other posts.

Furthermore, from time to time, I clean out the images at my site (at my rate, I am allowed only 10meg) and you will sooner or later (in about a month) see what is below, instead of above and not have the benefit of the clip for the post...

I respectfully request that the ability to post attachments bereturned...:waving:SDB/Jim

PS... In trying to figure this out, I observe that attachments (particularly the large ones) load slowly from your server, because, I think, your server is relatively slow compared to most.I think that the solution should beto have a faster server, or further limit the size of attachments but not to eliminate this valuable feature altogether.

Seems problem is solved.. quite possibly "operator error" (see my post below).. Clip that was referenced is now attached as an "attachment"...

Attachments

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Rudy wrote:
Did you PM that message to wingnut?
Just now did... should have done it first... :doh:

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
Worked for me. Mac and Safari.
I see that it did!! but there is no button for attachments (I've looked in both Firefox and IE.. This is using IE)....

All kinds of other nice feature..
blurred text

etc.. but no attachment...

PS:Don't tell me that I have to use my wife's Mac.... she'll ********

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Okay.. here are the two panels that I get....

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

That's always been a bitch of mine, is the software is not the same depending on which browser you use, or operating system.

I am getting ready to go riding, it's Sunny and 75 degrees. It's the law around here... haven't decided where to go. Sometimes I don't decide till I look at my Roads of Texas atlas in the trunk of my bike. Lots of pretty wildflowers out right now too.

Raymond

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Well, I can understand some differences... but the ability to attach something is a bit much to be a difference.... I originally thought that it was intentional (by the forum). I am thinking now, it is a WOW bug or the WOW guys trying to make their Apple stock increase in value....

·
2,486 Posts
imported post

I think WOW still has some issues. Besides the" _deleted", up until this morning, I have not been able to edit posts, this morning I was able to, and right now am unable to. The quote feature does not work, either.
Any ideas why it is that when you edit a post, rather than bring you back to your edited post, you're sent back to the start of the thread?

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Anybody else having problems attaching (not inserting)images using IE or FF?? SDB/Jim

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

The ATTACHMENT button is still at the bottom of the text editor, ie click BROWSE etc. I think the _encoded thing since the crash might be causing some other issues for some members. I'll lump that onto the WOW guys when they get the _encoded thing fixed first. That might even clear up the other issues.

BTW folks you shouldn't feel shy aboutcontacting us about these problems. Apart from the _encoded thing,I had no idea about this until Jim sent me a PM. Sending me a PM means I will definitely read it, but just hoping I will stumble across a thread isn't so reliable. ;)

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

wingnut wrote:
The ATTACHMENT button is still at the bottom of the text editor, ie click BROWSE etc. I think the _encoded thing since the crash might be causing some other issues for some members. I'll lump that onto the WOW guys when they get the _encoded thing fixed first. That might even clear up the other issues.

BTW folks you shouldn't feel shy aboutcontacting us about these problems. Apart from the _encoded thing,I had no idea about this until Jim sent me a PM. Sending me a PM means I will definitely read it, but just hoping I will stumble across a thread isn't so reliable. ;)
Okay.. partial operator error.. at least the BROWSE button was there.. (with no text to identify what it was for...) call it my error for not noticing and hoping it works... my "other" hobby... restoring an old tractor.. :waving:SDB/Jim

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.