Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Harley has had huge success with the street glide. Why can't Honda bring back a version of the Valkyrie Interstate but with no lowers and no trunk?? That fully exposed H.O motor realy turns heads!! And - it would fill a need in the touring market.

Some would call it a "Super Valk"

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Being in the harley land of Wisconsin street glides rule. Now those same poaple would surely take a close look at a Honda Super Valk. Maybe with a exposed chromed out 1800.

Maybe I'm dreaming:lash:

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

I loved the original Valkyrie Interstate, and probably would have bought one, except it was too expensive for me. But the standard Valkyrie, the touring model with leather bags and a Harley style windshield, and the Interstate were supposedly all sales failures. One has to wonder why. But look at the new Kawasaki Vaquero, with the cut down windshield and all, including a very good copy of the Harley engine. It seems to be that engine people want. Whether it's real or a copy.

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
imported post

I kinda run my 1100 like that, I'll remove the trunk if I know I'm not going to need it. Kinda gives the same look.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
imported post

The street glide is HD's flavor of the year, the bike every "biker" had a hard-on for these days.

Why won't Honda do it?
It's because the american market is peanuts to them anymore. The sales numbers overseas far exceed the amount of bikes sold here.
So Honda wisely designs bikes for them.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Everyone want a bellybotton bike. A harley or if you can't afford it one that looks like a harley to those not in the know' Wilf

·
Administrator
20,585 Posts
imported post

I love the idea of a Super Valk! :claps:

·
Premium Member
2,248 Posts
imported post

I think this is what you guys are wanting. No you can't have it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

No thank you , I would much prefere that yellow Harley ,that is parked left off the RV in the background ,love the look of it :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

I had a 99 valkyrie interstate,went to sturgis in 00 and saw Paul Yaffe's customized dresser and it inspired me to lower my bike,take the trunk off,put a solo seat on,a standard valkyrie taillight and cut my windshield down.It looked awesome but rode terrible,from then on that was my "daytona setup"when i got home the trunk and stock windhield went back on

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
imported post

The look of a harley with the smooth performance of a honda six is a desireable goal but i dont think its one that honda will aim for

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

According to a Honda rep at Daytona a few years back, the Valk was suppose to attract HD riders. It did not, it attracted Wing riders, hence the end of it. I owned a 98 standard, bought it new rode it for over 100k and loved every minute of it. If Honda came out with an 1800 Valk, I would be on it in a heartbeat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.