Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not trying to make this political or religious but maybe is a bit of both.

Here in the US it is legal for two people of the same sex to get married but illegal for a man to have more than one wife or a woman to have more than one husband.

Some will replay ( jokingly) that one wife is enough hassle.
I've been happily married for a long time and one wife is enough for me .

If it is an economical thing like pension SS benefits etc the wives would have to sign an agreement for shared benefits.

I know Utah is looking the other way but polygamy might be illegal even there
So it happened that this article popped up .

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/australian-twin-sisters-claim-they-both-intend-to-get-pregnant-by-same-boyfriend-this-is-what-works-for-us

·
Administrator
24,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Make a situation legal and one gets hit with morality taxes.

In Canada your principle residence is not subject to capital gains but you are only allowed one property. If a widower and a widow marry one property becomes subject to capital gains.

·
Administrator
58,180 Posts
Make a situation legal and one gets hit with morality taxes.

In Canada your principle residence is not subject to capital gains but you are only allowed one property. If a widower and a widow marry one property becomes subject to capital gains.

My wife and I were apart for while.....
then we got back together, and when we looked at what was going to happen to her 401k and her income taxes, added to my 401k and my income taxes.... that was an eye opener... :frown2:

adding her income to my income would double the amount of income taxes that I had to pay, and she was on Social Security Disability for gawd sake....

we said forget about it, and just file independent, not get a new marriage certificate.

·
Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Trust a government, any government to make it hard for people to live like they want to. And then profit on it.

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,230 Posts
In the old days the governing body wasn't really involved in marriage. You made promises, you kept them. John if you two are dedicated to each other, who cares and kudos! Our tax system is a bit of a fright for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts