Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My wife just gave me permission to purchase a new 2005 Goldwing. I would like to know what I can get for under $20,000. Does the standard model come with radio/intercom setup?4 speaker stereo? Cruise control? How much is the extended warranty? Is it worth it? Anyone know of a dealer with 300 miles of the Dallas/Fort Worth are who is willing to deal and is up front and honest?

Thanks,

Billy

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

bmoore106 wrote:
My wife just gave me permission to purchase a new 2005 Goldwing. I would like to know what I can get for under $20,000. Does the standard model come with radio/intercom setup?4 speaker stereo? Cruise control? How much is the extended warranty? Is it worth it? Anyone know of a dealer with 300 miles of the Dallas/Fort Worth are who is willing to deal and is up front and honest?

Thanks,

Billy
For twenty grand you ought to be able to get one with the whole enchilada including ABS. 2005s are selling on eBay by dealers for just a little over $16,000 with everything but ABS. ABS adds about $1500 so you wouldn't have any problem finding what you want. Other than the ABS and possibly the CB I believe everything else is standard equipment. They all have AM/FM CD and cruise control.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Assuming its cash, I'd see what I could get for $18k, and buy some stuff for Momma. You gotta take care of her... She's a good 'un.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
imported post

Get a good Gl1200Aand take your wife on a cruise. You'll both be happier.

Dick

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hi, I'm a wife and and consider myself a shopper. We are expecting the delivery of a 2006 White ABS in November (a gift from me to himfor our 30th anniversary in 2006with strings attached!! see note at bottom of list) . I shopped at several dealerships in Houston (Pasadena Honda and Stubbs) and they both gave up trying to beat the price froma local dealership in Clute, Texas. Clute,TXis about an hour south of Houston so it might be stretching your 300 mile limit. Here is the ad he has on a 2005 DarkCherrynon ABS:http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/9/1/80660991.htm

Some of area dealers are not fond of this dealership since he sells so many Gold Wings, but I think he cuts the price to sell volume for the Honda perks like trips. Iwas looking fora good price and that is why we went with him. He can get you ABS or non-ABS and any color you want.

**stings attached and will be in writing....if he leaves...the Gold Wing stays with me along with all the extras that are added! He might leave me, but he will not leave his Gold Wing...lol If I leave, the Gold Wing comes with me. (He does not know that part..shhhh)

Shirley....Lonnie's Wife

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

That is not a gift, that would be a loaner. I for one would never accept it on any such terms.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hawker22 wrote:
That is not a gift, that would be a loaner. I for one would never accept it on any such terms.
Agree!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

LonnieRay wrote:
If I leave, the Gold Wing comes with me. (He does not know that part..shhhh)
That is not right

That would be like him leaving and wanting the engagement ring back.

If you give him that as a gift, then it should be his, no matter what.

Now I know why I always claim that women are EVIL!!!

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Thanks for the input everyone. She actually found me one today. It's just under 200 miles away and is in the metallic silver she prefered. It's price is $16,300 and I am happy with that price. The extended warranty is $700 for 4 more years added on to Honda's 3 years. I think I will do that as well. Now I will be looking for matching helmets with intercoms and a cover for it. We have been married almost 25 years and she still surprises me.

Billy

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

If I give you my phone number you think she will call my wife and have a chat with her?

I need an 1800........

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

She is very persuasive with me. Not to sure she would be with your wife though. Maybe if you keep begging.:D Something that is odd, is she very seldom will ride with me on my 1100.:baffled: I hope to get her on there a little more often now.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

I apologize for my post being taken as serious. I meant the post in jest (the strings part) I'm new and see that I should have figured out how to put in smileys. Lonnie took no offense and I surely did not mean the post to be taken to heart by anyone.

Shirley

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
imported post

No harm, no foul. Forgiving folks on the forum. Maybe an LOL ( laugh out loud) would work. Randy

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

LonnieRay wrote:
I apologize for my post being taken as serious. I meant the post in jest (the strings part) I'm new and see that I should have figured out how to put in smileys. Lonnie took no offense and I surely did not mean the post to be taken to heart by anyone.

Shirley
Speaking only for myself, I didn't think you were serious and loved your humor. Hang tight, I'm sure these guys were just pulling your chains. Most of the crew on here have great senses of humor. (Read the Deer Alerts string if you have doubts. And about three hours...)

Ruaidh

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
imported post

LonnieRay wrote:
I apologize for my post being taken as serious.
I didn't take it as serious. I don't take anything serious. (well, things of this nature anyway) I was justdishing out my own line of B.S........:grinner:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
imported post

1984GL1200A wrote:
I didn't take it as serious. I don't take anything serious. (well, things of this nature anyway) I was justdishing out my own line of B.S........:grinner:
I find it hard to believe that ANYBODY in this forum would dish out...

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Serious... wasn't that Harry's godfather?:stumped:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Hi Shirley,
I don't know whether you or Lonnie is the luckiest. He's lucky that you are happy to let him have a new Goldwing, and you are lucky to be able to dangle the Wing like a carrot, he'll never leave you now.

[align=center]Welcome to the forum and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY![/align]

LonnieRay wrote:
**stings attached and will be in writing....if he leaves...the Gold Wing stays with me along with all the extras that are added! He might leave me, but he will not leave his Gold Wing...lol If I leave, the Gold Wing comes with me. (He does not know that part..shhhh)

Shirley....Lonnie's Wife

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

LonnieRay wrote:

Shirley

OK Lonnie, you were not serious, but I read your post a few times before reacting to it, and after your explaination, I feel much better. Good for you and great for him.

But if youhadbeenserious, my remarks would still apply. And I really do have a sense of humour as well.

Hawker22

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I would take the wing with the strings attached! The chances of loosing it are near zero for me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.