Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well I got the wife's first bike home today. She doesn't go through her MSF course until later this month which will give me time to replace the tires and replace the fork seals.

1982 Suzuki GS650G 30K miles.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

84 Gray Wing:

Very nice...low mileage...has that "new bike smell"...gotta say I'm impressed with the deal you snagged there:cooler:

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
imported post

Wow. That's a sharp, little standard !! Shaft drive, to boot.

Better take it for a wee burn now and again . . . . . make sure it's running good for her. :)

I'm nice enough to do that formy Wife :D

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Way to go. :clapper:Looks like a great bike. :clapper:I'll be rooting for her to get riding.:action::action::action::action: I'm glad I could be of some help. ;)

Jen:waving:

·
Banned
7,545 Posts
imported post

Great first bike !! I suggest the old Savage 650 also as a good first bike , they are cheap ,simple , light and low ,run forever and hold value well so it can be sold for not much of a loss , and they still make them . Not as sporty as this one tho!!
Very nice one!!

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

i had one of those & I loved it! I later bought the 1000 cc. check the lil black spacers in between the carbs & the head for cracks. They start sucking air when they get old & the bike will begin to run like crap. other than that, they have loads of power & they handle very well!

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
imported post

Hatchetman:

Is real estate coming down in the Bowser-Fanny Bay Corridor?

Those dreams of looking out across the water at Denman and Hornby are always lurking.

Dean (Chilliwack expatriate), Toronto

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Very nice looking bike there and considering it's age, doesn't look dated at all.

Like the ballance of an exhaust pipe on either side, I am not keen on the more recent trend to have just one or both on just one side.

:clapper::clapper:

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Hey 84GRAYWING.

I have nothing to do on the weekend . Hows about I ride down there and trailer tat baby back and get it road ready for you guys.

Thats a nice looking bike. I do enjoy the new styles but have an affection for thos eolder ones, and seeing one t=in that condition gives me a tingle in my wrist.

Is that A Dyna rear on the florr.

What cha building in the other corner of the garage. Another toy, 4x4 maybe ????:cool:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

That's an old camaro rearend.

Before the motorcycle hobby I had built a 1963 ChevyII. So the other side of the garage is actually full of spare parts and the like. Talk about an expensive hobby, they say a stator replacement on a GL1200 is expensive well that's nota drop in the bucket compared to what it costs to restore automobiles. Here's a pic of her right before I sold her.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
imported post

Whew. I have always loved those Chevy II's That must have been tough to let go of. My Dads neighbor has one that's almost as good as yours. Every time I go to visit I have to go across the street and have a look and flirt with buying it. Maybe someday.

Nice bike too. Congrats to your wife.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

dean wrote:
Hatchetman:

Those dreams of looking out across the water at Denman and Hornby are always lurking.

http://www.remax-western.ca/rsearch/property/British%20Columbia

prices are not too bad right now & the market is beginning to go again. Buyers market right now! Our home might go up this spring for around $380,000. It is one of the nicest homes in the area for many reasons. Dont forget, No bugs, no humidity, early spring & roses growing at Christmas!!! Hurry up!

Wayne.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

dean wrote:
Hatchetman:

Dean, do you really mean that you would admit to coming from Chillybush?:D:D:D:cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::shock::shock::shock: But irregardless it would be great to have you back where you belong.:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::waving::waving::waving::waving::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::action::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil::cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Hatchetman,

The wife and I have toyed with going to Canada. What is the climate up there? What kind of job market and such? I know it has to be beautiful but I get to ride almost year round here in Oklahoma, I only missed one week for an ice storm in January.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
imported post

Hey Jeff, I've lived in Alberta all my life. I do love it here. Winters can be great if you are into sledding too. Otherwise the climate is ok........about 6-8 months of riding here in good years and the other 4 months or so are spent........on Steve Saunders Goldwing forum:D. :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

I have the greatest job in the world though, so I wouldn't consider moving anywhere else, because I have the perfect house and yard and shed(s) for our bikes etc. Incidentally.......it took me about 6 years of trying to get a job at Recycle Motorcycles and finally I did. Now I've been there almost 2 years and I'm in solid now. I've proved I am worthy and capable and up to any task. Whoooops. I guess I'm getting off topic a bit. But it still relates to bikes.:action:

(P.S,...if you read some of my posts, just take note that my Husbands name is Jeff too so as not to cause any confusion if I mention him.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.