Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Can someone tell where (best place) to pick up the wiring to splice into the bike? 93 1500.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
imported post

depends if you want the uppers or lowers to flash

i installed mine under the trunk undertrim ( uppers flash)

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Yes mine too but I think it sucks unless you use LEDs with it.
Mine flashes the Goldwing rear lights and it is very subtle.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Looking for a location to enable both upper and lower to flash. They have to have a common junction somewhere. Anyone done this?

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
Looking for a location to enable both upper and lower to flash. They have to have a common junction somewhere. Anyone done this?
Wigwag requires you to insert the unit in series with one lamp and run a new wire over to the other lamp.

That means your lower lamps and upper lamps would need to have extra wires run to separate the two bulbs from one common circuit to 3 individual feeds plus the series insert of the 4th.

Or to say it another way... the wigwag feed can be in any brake light circuit but the lamp sides coming off of the wig wag would need individual wires getting to the unit with both left sides tied together and both right sides tied together.

I'm not sure if more than one set of lights is legal for that. I know that the continuous flash sequencing is not legal in all states.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

Thanks for the assist. guys.

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
imported post

dingdong wrote:
Can someone tell where (best place) to pick up the wiring to splice into the bike? 93 1500.

Thanks
There is a 22-pin white connector under the left rear corner of the seat. A green/red wire feeds power to all the brake lights on the trunk and saddlebags.

The 22-pin connector is white for the Aspencade and blue for the SE.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

DBohrer wrote:
dingdong wrote:

Thanks
There is a 22-pin white connector under the left rear corner of the seat. A green/red wire feeds power to all the brake lights on the trunk and saddlebags.

The 22-pin connector is white for the Aspencade and blue for the SE.

Thanks DBohrer! I already foundthe plug but that is what I was looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.