Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello everybody ,,,well I am just home after a 3 hour ride on my 1800 in 80 mph winds and rain from the wild weekend in Portumna Co Galway ,,,We had a ball ,A big thank you to everybody who turned up and really had a ball ,,There was singing and dancing and general acting the goat until the small hours ,,The Shannon Oaks hotel will never be the same again ,,,

Once again THANK YOU for turnig up,there were 130 wingers and partners representing every corner of Ireland ,and would you believe because of the weather only myself and 2 other lunatics turned up on our goldwings ,,

I think we should change the name to the goldwing CAR owners club of Ireland ,The hotel was first class and the dinner and breakfast excellent ,I have no doubt we will make a return visit to Portumna (even if it is only to apologise for the first )

It was great to see everbody joining in the sing song last night .I think I was one of the few who was only drinking water and woke up this morning with a killer of a hangover ,,I have put it down to the smell of drink from the others at my table ..

I look forward to another wild weekend soon ,,,cheers an thank you all for coming ...Ciaran Meyler ..leinster rep ..GWOCI...:waving::waving:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

Well done Ciaran. It was a great weekend and you picked a great venue. The Hotel was super and the swimming pool kept the kids out of trouble. Glad you made it home safe, it can't have been much fun hauling the trailer back to Wexford with the gusts.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Im pleased you lads had a great weekend, more importantly got home safely, whilst we were cutting up fallen trees across our roads in force 11 gales.

I see wexman suffers from passive drinking now.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

yeah ,next thing the government will do here is ban drinking in pubs ,,,,:action:

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Glad you got home safe wexman and I hope the other '2' wingers did also:waving:. The weekendwas a grear success and all thanks to wexman and anyone else who gave him a hand out and that includes these singers until the late hours:clapper::clapper:.

looking forward to the next............

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Hi Wexman,:action:

Once again well done for a great WING FLING. Its hard enough to keep a Wing vertical when your sober let alone when you have fifteen pints of porter on board.

Hotel and food were fab.

Tisa brave man who takes out a wing in that weather.

The photo is my first attempt so here goes.:waving:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Nice picture Brownbear. If you resize them to 600 pixels wide maximum they will display directly in your post without haveing to click the link.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

Sorry I couldn't make it, little bit of a stretch for me:waving:

Maybe next year.;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

oldwang wrote:
Sorry I couldn't make it, little bit of a stretch for me:waving:

Maybe next year.;)
Hey oldwang, :waving: Your very welcome to the forum. :clapper: Ok you are excused this time for your absence, :baffled: but remember your only a short flight away. :stumped: Next year when you come over to this function you can sing the song "Im off to alabama with the banjo on my knee" :leprechaun:I wasn't at this function either, :crying:wexman wouldnot allow me, :baffled: in case i might start trouble. :whip:

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Sounds like fun, unfortunately the other side of the planet is a little to far to go for a night out.

Andrew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.