Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone attempted to mount a 1200 seat to an 1100?

My 1100 seat is too short in length (fore and aft) for my long rise and is highly uncomfortable. I'm sitting at the very front and always feel pitched forward.

Id like something that has a couple inches added to the front end but havent come across anything like this yet.

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

The mounting points are different on the 1200 seat, so it's not a plug n play thing. But I reckon you could make up adapters for the mounts

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

You'll feel the same thing on the GL1200 seat if you can mount it.. That was the only curse on those bikes.. Honda made a small change on the 1987 seat, but not enough. The seat is also a saftey feature on the GL1200's.. It cannot separate from the frame under the force of impact so not to eject the riders. If you make the swap, keep that in mind..

JC Whitney has seats for the 1100's that have been modified and re-covered for comfort.. you may want to take a look at their catalog.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
You'll feel the same thing on the GL1200 seat if you can mount it.. That was the only curse on those bikes.. Honda made a small change on the 1987 seat, but not enough. The seat is also a saftey feature on the GL1200's.. It cannot separate from the frame under the force of impact so not to eject the riders. If you make the swap, keep that in mind..

JC Whitney has seats for the 1100's that have been modified and re-covered for comfort.. you may want to take a look at their catalog.
The JC Whitney seats are sometimes just as, or more expensive than a nice leather Corbin seat. The Corbin seat I got for my GL1000 only cost $220. The original seat on mine was way too short for the driver. The Corbin has much more room.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Corbin probably makes the seats for JC Whitney.. LOL:D

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
imported post

I got one from J.C Whitney and it was not much better than staock as far as being comfortable (I have that same problem with sitting too far forward). I would go with a corbin if you can. The seat I got from J.C was made by Travalcade.

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
imported post

Actually I think Saddleman makes some of the JC Whitney seats

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.