Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So I recently upgraded to a 1993 GL1500 Interstate from my 1984 GL1200 Aspencade, and I've decided that I miss the ring of fire. I've looked online, but I primarily find GL1800 rings. Will these work on my 1500? And are they difficult to install? Any help is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

Hi Warhorse,
I can't answer your question about the 1800 version fitting your 1500. I have a 98 1500 and I ordered my rings from Cyclemaxohio.com for a 1500. They are the double row (inside set toward the wheel and outside set toward the world)LED type. They fit great and look great day or night. I don't think they are "ring of fire" per se' but I didn't really care. If I remember correctly they cost around 70 or 80 bucks plus shipping. Check them out. Might be just what you need.
Mike

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
imported post

Yes they will fit but they are slightly smaller and narrower so if you had a ring of fire on previously then you will still see the small mounting holes as the Kuryakin 1800 ring of fire mount with double sided tape.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
imported post

Speaking of 1500 wings and rings of fire, are there different versions for different years of 1500's? The set I have with the chrome covers, do not want to fit up under the fender sides. Just curious if there is a difference. Granted, a dremel tool on the chrome covers could be a possible solution, but I am not sure I want to go that route. TIA

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.