15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Does anyone know if a 83 aspencade speed sensor will work on a 84? Thanks, Greg

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

I have not compared the side by side but have seen both and they look the same. They are discontinued so they don't show up on the parts catalog to compare numbers, not that that means anything anyway.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Just a tip on parts numbers... Like Dave said, most vendors have deleted the part number of discontinued parts, but Service Honda has not... If it is discontinued, it still shows on the parts list with number but with a "discontinued" price..

I tried to find the fiche it was on, but didn't want to spend the time and gave up.. but if you want to try..go HERE (Service Honda)

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

The part number for the 84A is different than the 83A.
However the 85LTD, 86SEI and 87A all use the same sensor part number as the 83A.
I don't know if there is an actual difference or if it's just a Honda part number lottery.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

The difference between the sensors is the plug in. The Aspy has a female connector and the sei/ltd has a male connector. Or it's the other way around. Little difference.

The color codes are the same. Just solder the correct end on the sensor to mate with the bikes wire loom and you're good to go. IF Ken's part numbers are accurate.

I have a sensor from an SEI on my '86 Aspy.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

William_86 wrote:
not compatible, 83 is 1100 and 84 is 1200, different wheels,
William as I said several 1200s use the same sensor as the 83A, the difference in the wheel diameter is translated by the speedometer or gear box not the sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.