Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Will a Clairon type 1 fit on a 1980 GL1100?
Thanx,
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

Yes . That's what they were originally equipped with. I had one on my 80.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
imported post

Yes, but only with a Hondaline fairing, if that is the bike in question in your Avatar, no.

If you have a Vetter fairing, look for the Cycle Sound radio mount, will moount any radio, or look into Sierra or one of the other cataloges.

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

For that fairing, you'll need a Vetter cycle sound setup.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I don't have a Hondaline Faring. It's a Vetter Faring. I will get a pic of the Radio posted asap. It is on E-Bay Motors with a bid starting out at $49.95. A good deal for someone. The bidding ends this evening in about 1/2 hour on 02/07/09 around 5:23 Central. The Item number is : 110345423611 if anyone can use it.
Thanks,
David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

That is just a controller. There is also a tuner and amp that go in the fairing out of sight. Also thats from a type II.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks.
I did not bid on it. I am just gonna use the portable on I am currently running. I do not get much distance, about a mile, but I'm around a 2.5 on the meter scale. Not good at all. I got to gat me a non groundable boat antenna.
Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
imported post

That is also the control panel for a Clarion Type II not a Type I.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

goldwingnut wrote:
Yes . That's what they were originally equipped with. I had one on my 80.
:waving:Radios were optional and did not come standard on the '80-'83 Interstates whereas the '82-'83 Aspencades came standard with only the Type II am/fm radio and the rest of the Type II system was optional. The Type I & Type II audio system could be installed on any bike with a Hondaline fairling.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

You can find a Vetter radio unit; bolts using exsisting Vetter nuts. I sold mine with a radio on Ebay for $75, not too much money.

Those guys on Ebay must think we are really stupid. They call the control knobs, a radio. Yea, and a car engine is a car. A wheel is a car. A bumper is a car. A GL1100 engine is a Goldwing....ect ect ect. They have no shame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.