Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Goldwing 1800
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well, I will be Darksiding sometime in November. I ordered a Dunlop Wintersport ROF 175/60R/16 from The Tire Rack. . We will be riding DocWebs Halloween ride on 28,29,30 in Kerrville and when we get back I will change it out and do some PM work to my rear end. Hooty Hoooo....I can't wait. :action:

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I went Darkside today. The wife picked up the Dunlop Wintersport all mounted and balanced from the tire shop this morning. Had it on in a matter of minutes. Had to put a jack under the center stand leg and lift the bike about an inch or two(while laying on its side, think my highway pegs was not letting the bike lay all the way on its side.)

Only went around the block but am impressed. There really is a difference in the ride.
Next is the TPMS for the tires. Was toldI canexpect that for Xmas.

Wish I had more time to enjoy it but the bike will go into storage for the winter in a week or two.

Enjoy your CT when you get it installed!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

DrifterTex wrote:
Well, I will be Darksiding sometime in November. I ordered a Dunlop Wintersport ROF 175/60R/16 from The Tire Rack. . We will be riding DocWebs Halloween ride on 28,29,30 in Kerrville and when we get back I will change it out and do some PM work to my rear end. Hooty Hoooo....I can't wait. :action:
[align=center]Drifter... come with me and we'll end this destructive conflict
and rule the galaxy together.
It is your DESTINY!
[/align]

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

I'm thinking about going to the darkside - What PSI should you run on the CT?

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

bluekarp wrote:
I'm thinking about going to the darkside - What PSI should you run on the CT?
I'm running mine at about 40psi...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

Of the many darkside threads I've read one question keeps coming to mind. Is it difficult to find someone/place to mount and balance the tire? I would think most shops would shy away from doing it fearing liability issues.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

No problem here bro... in Texas, darksiding is fully legal and gaining ground. In fact my guy that mounts tires for me is asking more and more questions about my choices... and telling more and more stories about his other customers.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
imported post

I didnt have a problem with the autotire shop mounting the tire,but they looked at me a little funny when I told them what i was planning on doing. I think the problem comes when you want a bike dealership to mount it. Lets see....mc tire 230 bucks,ct 130 bucks. If you were a bike dealer which tire would you like to put on a bike?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.