Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Since you do have voltage to the coils check the 4 pin white connector on top of the right radiator fan. You have to remove the right lower fairing. Set your meter to AC volts and probe the white/yellow & yellow wires and crank the engine, you should see a small AC voltage, then do the same with the white/blue & blue. This is checking the pulse generators.
Hi Dave

Measured the wires now, I forgot to put on AC, but still on DC there were some changes when I was trying to start engine

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Dave I was thinking if the stater button was at fault then the headlight will not go off when pressed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Tried again, with AC- and there is some activity but not much...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just wondering, can reverse diode assy ore reverse control unit cause problems like this...just like the killerswitch are doing when try to start?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I been reading your post wrong,after going back and re reading the first post,the MOTOR is turning over but no power to the plugs.
Needless to say but I never had this happen,🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yes, thats correct- wreely difficult to find out what makes the problem- its an old bike with plenty of electronics....but I can not give up- when "she" is working its a dreammachine.
Anyhow- thank You for trying to help me😄

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Found this on google under “ 1500 cranks over but no spark”

Well I took the bike to a shop in the end and it was the pulse generators at fault. £190 and job done

The 1500 is an AWSOME bike but does give som problems.I love mine.

·
Premium Member
6,725 Posts
I will ask one dumb question that is easy to answer. How did you check for power at the spark plugs?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I took one spark plug from left side first, holding the lower end of it down to the cylindertop- and tryed to start- no spark...did the same on right side, with same result... Im reading now about Pulse Generator, seem like its same way of acting like mine are doing- will see tomorrow morning...its soon only the frame left of the GW now, but its interesting to see how she is built...👌

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Found this on google under “ 1500 cranks over but no spark”

Well I took the bike to a shop in the end and it was the pulse generators at fault. £190 and job done

The 1500 is an AWSOME bike but does give som problems.I love mine.
Thanks again!

Im reading about pulse generators now- and it seems like that can be the reason- will look closer tomorrow, now the time is 2245 here, soon time for bed.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Dave I was thinking if the stater button was at fault then the headlight will not go off when pressed.
NO, nothing to do with it.

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
Just wondering, can reverse diode assy ore reverse control unit cause problems like this...just like the killerswitch are doing when try to start?
NO, those things would cause the starter to not work but would not cause no spark.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Here’s another post on no spark and he found the issue.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions.
I finally found the problem at the connector for the kill switch.
A broke wire that would lose connection from vibration of turning the engine over.
The ECM would have power until then.
Do you know if the bikes has fallen over? There was a member here that had a trike that had the no spark and the bank angle sensor had been rewired but wires had come loose.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
My brother had this GW for 8 years, never had any accident- falling over...now i have allmost stripped the bike, so its easyer to see if anything is broken, funny that you menched bank angle sencor- someone put that out and wired with a `"jump over"....Kill switch is working- been checking out with V and Ohm I will check more things tomorrow

Thanks so much for every good adwise

·
Premium Member
6,725 Posts
Maybe the sidestand switch failed or the Grn/White is open some where?????

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just because you have charged the battery it does not mean it will hold over 10vvwhen cranking, check this with your multimeter. If voltage is ok disconnect the block mentioned and check the resistance of each pulser coil, from memory 480 ohms. That is normaly the only 2 things that stop it sparking if its cranking

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,834 Posts
If the voltage at the Battery Terminals drops below 10.5 volts,
the battery is no good, or not being charged properly.

the 1500 needs an AGM battery to start properly.
Wet cells are a waste of money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Just because you have charged the battery it does not mean it will hold over 10vvwhen cranking, check this with your multimeter. If voltage is ok disconnect the block mentioned and check the resistance of each pulser coil, from memory 480 ohms. That is normaly the only 2 things that stop it sparking if its cranking
Thanks for information... got 394 Ohms at one, none at other one... so I think I will change from "partbike to other" now

21 - 40 of 55 Posts