Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
The Bride and I are setting sail with our life jackets on early Wednesday morning. Will be the first outing this year due to that dirty 4 letter word that starts with R and ends with N! We just got 3" in 24 hours. Need to cut 4 acres of grass but too much water is standing. Also need to put the last rainbirds in place and set the timers so things will be watered while we are gone. So much rain this spring we have not needed irrigation. If we do not get it running on automatic the rain will stop and the garden and "The Brides" massive Hostas garden and other stuff will die.

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
Stop the presses. Kyle is full.

I hit the wall more than once on this trip. The Snore's kept giving me their carbs, and I found a burger in Chicago that rivals Durty Gurts, couldn't finish my french fries.

·
3,498 Posts
I gained 8lbs in the 6 days of eating my fill of carbs. Have lost 2 lbs since back. Have to lose the other 6 by July 3 when I have some surgery scheduled.

Weight is easy to lose if carbs are cut out or at least drastically back. I lost 60 lbs in 6 months. My target was 240 but have leveled at 227-230

·
Administrator
57,655 Posts
doc weighed me yesterday, I was happy to see 270 instead of 276 like last time.

I am trying to just shut down on carbs, exercise is not a big part of my day, as my body cannot regulate temperatures.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gained 8lbs in the 6 days of eating my fill of carbs. Have lost 2 lbs since back. Have to lose the other 6 by July 3 when I have some surgery scheduled.

Weight is easy to lose if carbs are cut out or at least drastically back. I lost 60 lbs in 6 months. My target was 240 but have leveled at 227-230

Good job.
In the past, I have never had a problem losing weight. Lose the carbs, lose the weight. But anymore, the dammn chips keep calling my name.:crying2:

·
3,498 Posts
Scaled today and have lost 9 lbs. since last Monday just by cutting carbs almost out. Use cauliflower rice instead of rice, meat, and veggies. Salad for lunch and getting semi-active again.

Really pushing for a couple more pounds going off before my 3rd surgery of the year next Wednesday. Hoping for a better time this time. Last time required a 2nd surgery on day three and 3 crash cart events for bleeding out. Still thinking about filing suit against the surgeon (who is no longer with the hospital and it seems no one is missing him) but will wait till after this event. 30+ inches of incision and 150 (counted by the visiting nurse) plus 13 days in hospital for a same day surgery.

Losing the 60 lbs has gotten me off diabetic meds for type 2. Has reduced or cut a couple more meds. All that by simply seriously cutting back on carbohydrates. We are going to cheat a bit and buy some ice cream. We have Blueberries we are picking, wild blackberries are getting ripe to pick and we have some of the sweetest apples ripe for picking on our trees. Those berries beg a little bowl of ice cream.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I found a burger in Chicago that rivals Durty Gurts, couldn't finish my french fries.

Did you try a Kuma Burger while you was in Chicago?

·
Premium Member
1,865 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts