Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

and right now, they don't know how they are going to fix it.

I checked my daughter's win10 laptop, of which I had marked the Internet as "Restricted Bandwidth" which stops all updates dead cold.... hers is still on version 1903 thank goodness, before Microsoft broke the Sandbox that is supposed to make it totally secure. and chrome has been deleted off of her laptop. she only uses Firefox.

. the article above states that the only 'FIX' is to get rid of Windows period.
go to a secure OS, ala Linux.

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
554 Posts
I don't see an issue, other than an article trying to make something out of nothing.

"The good news is Forshaw alerted Microsoft to the problem and the company issued a patch (CVE-2020-0981) to fix it. That said, the fundamental flaw Forshaw identified remains: the security of Google Chrome on Windows 10 depends on Microsoft and that cannot be changed."

So, the security flaw has been patched, (you are not in imminent danger) and the security of an application relies on the underlying operating system. Not just Google Chrome (why do they single that out), but every single app. Just as every other app in every other OS since forever.

All apps rely on the OS for security. Including Linux.

·
Magic Moderator
4,635 Posts
I'm very pleased with Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon and a couple of days ago I introduced another person to Linux and they're pleased. I added the Canon printer stuff direct from the Linux software manager and the printer worked.
Another one says good bye to M$. (y)

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what is .....push notifications .
If you do NOT turn OFF Push Notifications,
when something occurs on the forum, and you have your browser open,
there will be a small window open in the Top Right Corner of our screen stating what has been posted.

to me, it is a super PITA and I have turned it OFF.
You can choose to get Emails also...

go to your Account, Preferences, and scroll down and UnCheck everything that you do NOT want.
XenForo has it all turned ON by Default, and that pisses me off.

·
Administrator
26,567 Posts
MS hasn't made a usable OS since Win7. That's why I went to Linux.

Reactions: trike lady

·
Magic Moderator
4,635 Posts
I have Windows7 and it is used for my cross stitch charting software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts