Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Having just got myself an 03 1800 and riding it home i have the screen on the lowest position for seeing over as i prefer this, but am experiencing some buffeting at speed.

Do any of you guys know a fix for this problem as in some sort of deflectors that you have used (that work), as raising the screen is not really an option due to my height, and also my preference to look over it.

i have seen a few different types of deflectors for different places on the bike but unsure as to which would make the most beneficial difference. i.e.- screen ,mirror or fairing.

here,s hoping for some good advice gained through experiance

many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
imported post

I had this problem. There seems to be more buffeting on the 1800 compared to the 1500. I now have a vent in my screeen and no more buffeting. I don't line the bolt on deflectors for the screen as I think the drilled holes crack after a while.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey twodogs :waving: The first thing you have to remember is that the :18red:is a m/cycle and that you get some wind most of the time. :jumper:The only wind deflectors that are fitted to my neighbours :18red:are the Tulsa Mirror Wind Deflectors and they do a good job.:weightlifter: Maybe you ride your :18red:at speeds above the legal speed limits:crying:if so you may need better protection than the mirror deflectors, hey what about an Anti-Roll-Bar. :whip:

:stumped: :18red: :stumped:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

www.saeng.com in the states makes a "Micro Swirl Edging" that attaches to the edge of your "Wind Screen", it's black in color and you have to get use to a black edge on your Screen, actually looks cool on the bike and it does work for shooting the wind over oyur head and around your body !

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

thanks for the help guys, i see the new 05 model comes with a vent in the screen already, am just wondering if the buffeting is the reason that honda have done this.

dont know if i could live with the black edge round the screen so think i might go with the vented one.

it sounds about right to me as a low pressure pocket behind the screen would cause this sort of thing and of course the fitting of a vent would decrease this quite a bit.

cant get over this site the help and advice that,s available is just endless, keep up the good work (i think i,me going to be here for quite a while) and thanks again.

regards BOB.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Hello Bob. Form 2004 the GL1800 gets the screen vent. Badly needed as well. Glad you like the forum. I stumbled across it last year as well and I spread the word about it as much as I can. :D

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Glad you like the forum. I stumbled across it last year as well.
Hey englishted :waving: Lucky for you that you stumbled to the forum. :clapper: Now look your a "Guru" :weightlifter:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

yellowwing wrote:
I had this problem. There seems to be more buffeting on the 1800 compared to the 1500. I now have a vent in my screeen and no more buffeting. I don't line the bolt on deflectors for the screen as I think the drilled holes crack after a while.

yellowwing did you have the vent put in, if so where did you get it done. and does it open and close or is it just like a slot sort of setup.

or was it a case of replacing the screen altogether

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

The vent is the way to go. It stops that vacuum that builds up on hot days as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.