Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am looking for some type of a wind deflectors to keep the cold wind off of my hands when riding in the cold.

Any ideas other than heated grips

let me know

GOD Bless,
jerry

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Here are some modern versions of Vetters HIPPO HANDS. The originals were leather and fleece lined...

These dont work on a bike with handlebar mounted mirrors, but should be ok on the 1200... YMMV

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

thanks for the reply but, is there a wind wing that will fit on the bottom of my mirror like the newer bikes have that will direct the wind off the hands

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

I met a vendor from Florida today at Wing Over The Smokies that makes wind wings and hand wings that look just like Baker's but are made of thicker material and a lot stronger. I asked if he had a website but alas, he didn't. The hand wings attached to the handlebars via a "L" bracket bolted on at the mirror mounts on the handlebars. He wanted 45 a pair for them, mounted. .

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Contact Gary at www.cyclemaxohio.com and tell him what you are looking for and that you are a member here and he will find them for you , I think add-on accessories do them ,But Gary will let you know , Ciaran

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
imported post

When I was looking for this solution for my 1200 a couple of years ago, the onlykind I found were handlebar mounted, and they were not a adjustable. You had to remove them if you didn't want them blocking the airflow. After getting my 1500 and mounting them, I thought that they might work for a 1200 too. After looking close at the 1200 mirrorsI have here,I definitely think they will work. You will have to flex the bottom housing down a little to get the mount in place, but I don't think it will hurt a thing and I think they will be fully functional. If I get a little time later I'll pull one off of my 1500 and try in on my 1200.

John

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

thx, let me know what you find out

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

thx, I contacted cyclemaxohio, will see what they say

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

cyclemaxohio does not of any hand wings for 1200

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Here's the ones I just mounted. no markings at all on them so have no idea who made them. Bought them off a forum member.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.