Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Do the add-on wind deflectors, mounted on the fairing sides, really work?

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

Oh yes they do! The big difference is when riding on a hot day and you turn the deflectors to direct the air onto your lower body. Very nice.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
imported post

You must have wind deflectors - they work!

Does anyone have a good place to buy less expensive wings? Has anyone made them (that don't look junky)?

THANKS!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I have them on my 1500 and the do look a bit junky. I was planning on taking them off along with the back rest and passenger arm rests that also looked ugly. In the case of the wind wings I've changed my mind. Riding around here in near freezing weather has proven their value to me. I took the wings off, leaving the mounts in case I wanted to put them back on, and quickly discovered that it was a lot warmer with them. So I've got these ugly red squares things on the sides of my bike, but what the hell the rider doesn't look all that good either, but both are pretty functional. I'd recommend them for cold weather.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Seems odd to read your posts which now refer to your "1500"! Anyway...

Apart from the looks of the wings, I'm primarily interested in whether they reduce windbuffetting for the operator / passenger? I guess if they keep same warmer, then buffetting should be reduced, right?

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

jkobman wrote:
You must have wind deflectors - they work!

Does anyone have a good place to buy less expensive wings? Has anyone made them (that don't look junky)?

THANKS!

Got my last two sets from J.C.Whitney. The price has really shot up the last few years. They were $22.oo, ten years ago, closer to $40. now. Needless to say, I'm taking much better care of this set. Once you try them, you'll never want to ride an eighty degree day without them...

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Made some from sheet plastic for a trip to North Carolina. Left home at 29*F and was toasty warm. Plastic sheet across the crash guards to put engine heat on the feet and "motocross" style guards ahead of the hand grips. Made a huge difference for no money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.