Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 84 GL1200 interstate. When its cold out I get a weird whine noise from the front end. Low to mid range speeds. 15-45 mph. Liek a wind tunnel but it is not consistant.

Any ideas?
:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

Hello, Its very hard to tell. does it go away when warm?. does the whine tunes up and down as the engine revs?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
imported post

Hi

Mine does it when its cold. My noise is air comming in from the front and trying to go out around the spedo and tac plastic glass. The pressure make a whining noise. olny does it when its cold. I assume when its hot the gasket seals good. I just live with it. I guess you could try to seal things off better.

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

There was a post a few months ago that dealt with a whining noise. I believe someone posted to raise the rear wheel and spin the wheel to about the speed of the whine and see if its comming from the timing belts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

There was a post a few months ago that dealt with a whining noise. I believe someone posted to raise the rear wheel and spin the wheel to about the speed of the whine and see if its comming from the timing belts

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I would vote for the timing belts. They tend to sing when it's cold and/or they are set too tight. No worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.