Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Happy New Year all.

I've just polished up the aluminium windscreen garnish very successfully, and have removed the Honda badge in the process. I've had a shot at Gold leafing the badge with so-so success, and have an gold flying Eagle emblem that will fit quite well, but it doesn't really appeal to me as I thought it might.

Something has to go there as there are the two holes from the Honda badge to cover up. I dont yet want to update the garnish itself.

I know I could order an replacement Honda badge, but would like to know if there are other possibilities, Honda or otherwise, other than the Honda or Eagle.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

The guys at electrical connection used to have these illuminated or non illuminated Honda logos that I thought looked pretty nice... however they elude me on their website this morning... you might give them a call.

I pretty sure the owner is a member here...

www.electricalconnection.com

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks us385. There's some interesting stuff on that site. I'll send them an email asking about illuminated logos - they sound interesting.

·
Just another ORF!
8,189 Posts
imported post

us385south wrote:
The guys at electrical connection used to have these illuminated or non illuminated Honda logos that I thought looked pretty nice... however they elude me on their website this morning... you might give them a call.

http://www.electricalconnection.com
Perhaps you were thinking of these, T?

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks Dusty. That seems promising

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
us385south wrote:

http://www.electricalconnection.com
Perhaps you were thinking of these, T?
Thanks Dusty... but they looked more like these... but prettier. Came in different colours. read, blue, yellow.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

That's a car emblem

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

newday777 wrote:
That's a car emblem
Interestingly, mine already has a gold H emblem on the rear that I assume has been added by a previous owner as I havent seen one in numerous pics I have searched. It's placed just above the lock.

I've done some searching based on what you chaps have said above & spotted this site - car emblems yes, but a Honda is a Honda, & the old Civics weren't much bigger than my GW. Certainly the engines weren't :)

http://www.ampdemblems.com/Product_Line.html

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

True. But the car division has always been separate according the Honda regs.
In 1976 as a part manager at the Honda M/C shop, we investigated getting the car dealership being offered when we heard of the Civic 600 being imported, we would have had to build or have a separate building. The boss said no.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.