Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I recently bought an '88 GL1500 which has an extremely tall windshield (vented). This is great in the cold weather but I'm thinking I'd like to have a little more wind hit me in the face during the summer months.

Are all Goldwing windshields interchangeable? In other words, does it matter who I buy my replacement windshield from? I know there will be variation in quality depending on who I choose, but do all manufacturers windshields mount using the original equipment configuration?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,608 Posts
imported post

Most I think, are specific to each model. Your model will have shields for THAT bike. Ever considered cutting down your old one for summer, and having a new tall shield for winter? jimsjinx

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
imported post

If you are thinking of replacing, you have nothing to lose by cutting it down first.

Put the windshield all the way down before measuring for the cut. If you cut it so you are just barely looking over the top, you will be able to raise it when you want and have the best of both worlds.

There is a great tutorial on cutting it down on this site.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

All the 1500s use the same windshield mounting. As long its for the 1500 it should fit. Look at the way it mounts, the slot holes and spacing of the holes and compare each one you you look at.
Yes, can have a low windshield for the summer months if you want more wind in the face.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Adding a Windshield Vent will help a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.