Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
not that I know of but it has crossed my mind that you could cut another stock vent in above the existing.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,010 Posts
F4 offers a windshield with the 1800 vent

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I have seen two.... one above the other. But that just seems like overkill to me.
2X the bees getting through. Har Har Har

Corventure Dave

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
There's not much difference between the 1500 vent and the 1800 one. I wouldn't want to add a second one to the windshield. Unless you put it above the existing one you couldn't lower the windshield. If you do put it above the original one it's going to interfere with visibility close in to the bike. Not to mention that it might make the windshield unacceptably flexible.

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
Those round vents would work OK if they were rotated to open horizontally to catch the air coming up from below. I have a couple of vents from an aircraft that look just like the ones from the old Vetter fairings. they work fine when opened horizontally with the opening facing downward.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Might be simpler to get a set of those Baker (or similar) side air wings?
Riding at 90 degrees, the bakers made all the difference in the world for me. I don't have a vent in my Interstate windscreen.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Baker Air Wings

wing in atlanta, have you solved your air management issue yet? You really can't go wrong with Baker Air Wing products. They perform exactly as advertised and will get you all the air you need. We proudly install baker products along with our shields as a complete air management system that cannot be beat!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
My 1500 had the upper and lower Baker Air Wings when I got it. At first I was planning on taking them off because they looked a bit clunky on the bike to me. But after riding with them for a couple months decided they were well worth having. I liked them best for winter riding because they deflected a lot of cold air off the rider but they were also nice in hot weather.
My 1800 has only the mirror wings. They are great, in the winter with them turned out I can turn my Gerbings gloves down from 75% power to around 30% to keep my hands warm. They are also very good in our 90-100F weather in summer. Between the mirror wings and the windshield vent there's a huge amount of air being warped around the fairing.
I'd recommend getting the clear ones. My 1500 had red ones which did match the bike but the clear ones are more discreet and look better on the bike to me. My 1800's mirror wings are clear and don't distract from the bike's lines as much as the red ones did. On a 1500 I'd recommend the Upper and Lower wings I don't think the mirror wings would be necessary added to the upper and lower ones. For the 1800 you might want to try just the mirror wings they are much more effective on the 1800 in that position. All in all I'd recommend Baker Air Wings, they seem to me to be the best made of similar devices on the market.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.