Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello All,

I'm on the homestretch on my '95 Interstate rebuild. I'm was going to install the windshield, but ignorance reigned supreme, as I found I'm missing hardware.

I've orderedthe screws (5) and the setting plates (5), but I cannot see in my Clymers or my microfiche what the screws attach to. A little help please? Part numbers would be helpful. TIA

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

L8ndeb wrote:
Hello All,

I'm on the homestretch on my '95 Interstate rebuild. I'm was going to install the windshield, but ignorance reigned supreme, as I found I'm missing hardware.

I've orderedthe screws (5) and the setting plates (5), but I cannot see in my Clymers or my microfiche what the screws attach to. A little help please? Part numbers would be helpful. TIA
Are the setting plates the oval, flanged brass colored pieces that sit in the oval holes in the lower windshield? If they are, the screws go into nutplates that slide in the slots of the fairing. They are retained by a snap ring and washer to prevent falling into the fairing when the windshield is removed. The part numbers below are for the 1992-1993 model but I'm pretty sure they are the same on the 1995.

Nut 64114-MG9-770

Nut Plate 90305-MN5-000

Washer 90501-MT2-000

E ring 90601-473-003

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Hey Exavid,

Yeah, the setting plates have a brass color and sit in the fairing slots. Thanks, just what I was looking for. On the microfiche, it only shows one of the nut, e-ring, etc. so I did not think that was what I was looking for.

Again, thanks.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

GW,

I read the same thing in my Clymers manual. However, in my parts microfiche, it lists as all the plates being the same. I assumed it was because the Interstate does not have the adjusting levers that the A, and SE have. I guess I need to confirm this, since I've already ordered them, I don't want to install the two if they are incorrect.

Can you confirm? Anybody? TIA

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

The dealer is right, I didn't realize yours is an Interstate (didn't read your post properly). All the plates are the same on the Interstate.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
The dealer is right, I didn't realize yours is an Interstate (didn't read your post properly). All the plates are the same on the Interstate.
Maybe you should ask Redwing for a loan of his spectacles Norman. ;):waving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.